Solidus is searching for a C++ Software Engineer.
The successful candidate will join a group that specializes in advanced network and communications systems development, with a focus on tactical mobile, military airborne networks of the future. The group develops IP networking protocols, MAC and PHY layer tactical systems for advanced development and prototype testing. The group is establishing a UAS networking laboratory and will use the DroneCode set of components as part of the test infrastructure.
- Develop, modify, test, configure the software components for use in network testing and evaluation.
- Develops IP networking protocols, MAC and PHY layer tactical systems for advanced development and prototype testing
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Clearance
- BS in Software Engineering or related fields
- Demonstrated development experience with one or more of the DroneCode components or the Gazebo simulator
2 years of Professional or Academic experience with the following:
* C/C++ Programming
* Experience creating software for Drones
* Development experience on a Linux platform
* Software/Algorithm Development
* Experience with Drones and controlling drones
* Experience with drone swarms
* Experience with QGroundControl, PX4, MavSDK, MavLink, Gazebo for programming drone software
* Networking Applications and Protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, NTP, DHCP, SSH, FTP and HTTP/S.
* Software development of networking protocols
2 years experience with the following:
* Object Oriented Software Design and Development
* Python Programming/Scripting
* Hardware and Software Integration
Job ID: 4108
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Please Note: Solidus does not accept applications from agencies, 3rd party vendors, or applications with incomplete information.