Responsible for analysis, design, programming, and implementation of complex applications tasks and projects. Devise feasible, logical procedures to resolve business problems through the use of computer resources. Formulate scope and objectives through research to develop or modify complex systems. Review detailed specifications and recommend modifications. Design, code, test and debug complex application programs.
20% Produce deliverables related to the assigned project. Perform analysis, design, programming, and implementation of systems and procedures to solve complex business or scientific problems. Evaluate interrelationships in immediate programming area to determine how changes in one program will affect another related area. Apply conversions and enhancements to business systems. May lead or provide expertise on assigned projects.
20% Work closely with customers, business analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Ensure solutions are aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization's architectural standards. Assist in post-implementation support and system enhancements.
20% Test modified programs, create necessary test files and data, verify logic, debug, and write relevant documentation.
15% Design and develop IT systems. Devise new sources of data and develop new approaches and techniques. Involved in the full systems life cycle and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting complex application software that is delivered on time and within budget.
15% Provide guidance to lower-level programmers/analysts. Act as an internal consultant by providing technical guidance on complex projects. Determine and resolve problems with other systems analysts, programmers, and systems users.
10% Test designed programs, verify logic, perform any necessary "debugging," and write the documentation. This position requires the ability to obtain a C2 Security Clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship. Required Education:
Required Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree-in Computer Science, Information Technology or other job related degree, OR
- 4 years of job related work experience, OR
- 2 years of job related experience plus an associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other job related degree.
Preferred Work Experience:
- 6 years-of application development, systems testing or other job related experience.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with different flavors of LINUX operating systems (RHEL preferred)
- Experience installing software and applying patches and updates
- Experience with Smile CDR
- Experience in HL7
- Experience in FHIR
- Scripting and Automation experience with non-windows-based systems
- Experience with data analysis tools (Splunk preferred)
- Experience creating reports and/or dashboards using monitoring tools
- Experience working with relational databases (Oracle Preferred)
- Experience with common Linux utilities using CLI
- Experience developing/managing GitHub repositories
- Experience developing/managing Jenkins Deployment Pipeline
- Experience with Maven, Artifactory
- Experience with high availability enterprise systems and proactive monitoring
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehensive understanding of applications/development, quality assurance and integration methodologies, concepts and facilities in a mainframe, midrange, and/or PC/LAN environment.
- Demonstrates a high level of technical proficiency in the areas of programming languages, platform capabilities, and methods of systems analysis and program design.
- Excellent analysis, decision-making, and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates logical abstract thinking and assimilating/adhering to project goals and deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure and as part of a team.
- Strong knowledge of interpersonal skills/team building.
- Familiar with project management concepts.
- Ability to assess requirements, alternatives, and risks/benefits for low- to high-impact projects.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients, vendors etc.
- In-depth understanding of organizational functions, behavior, and inter-relationships.
Required Software and Other Tools:
- Exposure to container related technologies (Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes)
- Exposure to cloud related services (AWS, Azure)
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant operating systems, programming languages, and development tools and their usage in the company.
- Customer-focused, project-oriented programming environment.
- Fast paced, multi-platformed environment which may require action and response 24X7 to support the technical business needs of the customer.
We participate in E-Verify and comply with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina and our subsidiary companies maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment to promote employment opportunities for persons regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other legally protected status. Additionally, as a federal contractor, the company maintains Affirmative Action programs to promote employment opportunities for minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities in all phases of the employment process and to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com or call 1-800-288-2227, ext. 43172 with the nature of your request. We will make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.