Associate Project Manager - Productivity
This position is located in Towson MD and will be 25% in office and 75% remote
Come Build The World With Us
This is the career you've been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you'll get the unique chance to impact some of the world's most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next chapter in our history. Come build with us and take your career to new heights. Who We Are
We are the World's largest tool company. We're industry visionaries. We're solving problems for thousands of Commercial & Residential Contractors, Advanced DIY'ers and Consumers with our DEWALT, Craftsman and Black and Decker power tool ranges. We are committed to delivering the best quality product to our users so that they can deliver quality results.We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company.Who You Are
You are a curious problem solver who has the ability to bring big ideas to life. You're creative and scrappy but can navigate a large organization with ease. You're agile and adaptable and that ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always. You also have:
What You'll Do
- Willingness to relocate or commute to Towson, MD office location 1-2 times per week on average (Hybrid work arrangement 25/75 Office/Remote ratio).
- An undergraduate degree in Engineering, Industrial Design, or some form of Business Management.
- Direct professional work experience in the following areas:
- Functional project management experience in the design and manufacturing of consumer products.
- Technical experience using best practices in the design and manufacturing of consumer products, power tools experience is a plus.
- Manufacturing operations experience a plus.
- Proven track record of leading projects from ideation to completion.
- Experience working in a global matrix organizations a plus.
- Ability to coordinate and successfully deliver multiple concurrent global projects.
- Experience developing presentations and presenting ideas and solutions to diverse audiences.
- Analytical and detail oriented.
- Think creatively to develop ideas and break through barriers.
- Ability to understand engineering designs and manufacturing processes.
- Lead by influence without authority.
- Possess well-developed interpersonal, communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Must work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Understanding (or willingness to learn) multinational global manufacturing company.
As a Productivity Associate Project Manager you will support the Value Improvement (VI) initiatives within the Power Tools Group (PTG) based in Towson, MD. You will work to ensure that our products meet our customers' needs while manufacturing them at the lowest cost thus generating the most value for all. Specifically, you will:
Benefits & Perks
- Lead the VI initiatives which work to identify areas of cost savings opportunities annually within an assigned portfolio.
- Work collaboratively with Engineering, Marketing, Sourcing, and Manufacturing to identify opportunities and execute them in a timely manner.
- Support long term ideation initiatives which support continued VI growth year over year.
- Lead tool teardown events, integrate with the new product development teams to review future savings opportunities, and compile data for analysis to identify ideas or trends which support VI.
- Measure & evaluate ROI on VI savings.
- Develop and present monthly portfolio updates to senior management.
- Drive awareness & ownership of VI efforts throughout the global business.
- Focus on Continuous improvement - identify new ways to ideate productivity savings.
- Travel to Global Manufacturing sites to lead VI efforts and support the plants in their initiatives.
You'll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products as well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners. What You'll Also Get
- Career Opportunity: Career paths aren't linear here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you'll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities).
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that's how the best work gets done. You'll find we like to have fun here, too.
- Purpose-Driven Company: You'll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest growing and most dynamic companies.SBD, a Fortune 200 companyis a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.