Job Title: ePMO - PM
Location: Owings Mills, MD
We’re looking for leaders in our Enterprise PMO
Join the revolution in health care IT
We’re working on “the big picture” of the future of health care information technology, and what we do touches the lives of millions of people. Today, we're looking for a top Technical Project Manager who wants to be a key change-maker, leading high visibility, impactful initiatives resulting in next-generation experiences for our Associates and Members. As a primary contributor within our newly designed strategic ePMO, you will be “mission control” to plan and execute exciting projects ranging from platform modernization to claims re-engineering, technologies including artificial intelligence to mobilization with an internal drive to evolve into a leading-edge Agile enterprise.
At CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield, you’ll have the opportunity to influence the direction of health care. Working here means collaborating across teams, influencing change and providing clear communication as you manage high dollar, highly strategic projects for your stakeholders and our customers. As a talented Project Manager, we have a place for passionate professionals who want to help others.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I’LL BE SUCCESSFUL?
In the past, have you…
- Led several projects each with a total cost exceeding $3M
- Managed 15-50+ stakeholder initiatives containing simultaneous work-streams
- Built strong, cross-functional and matrixed relationships
- Been told you’re a focused communicator, passionate leader and team player
- Educated and guided stakeholders while leading full Agile life cycle projects
- Organized, plan and led major initiatives using cloud-based project platforms
- Completed a degree in a CIS/MIS/related program or have significant years of experience in information system implementations
- Obtained your PMP certification
- Prior experience in a highly regulated or health-based industry (nice to have)
WHAT TYPES OF ACTIVITIES WILL I DO FROM DAY TO DAY?
Within a project planning and execution lens, you would…
- Actively plan and manage your project holistically around schedule, scope, cost, resource health and the risks that may arise
- Collaborate with stakeholders while leading key Waterfall or Agile meetings such as kickoff, statdaily stand-ups, sprint planning, key steering and leadership reviews and more to ensure successful project delivery
- Create and own schedules lining up to program-increments and delivery milestones
- Plan and own project finances, knowing key payment dates, Cap/OpEx splits, etc.
- Proactively reporting status, scorecard creation and fulfilling project analysis requests as well as mitigating risks using critical and creative thinking
- Identifying and producing resource plans to set your project up for success
- Collaborate across function to produce go-live and post-live operational plans
- Contribute to vendor selection, procurement, contracting activities including RFP production, agreement review/revision, vendor communication and more
- Lead, motivate and mentor team members while being guided by program managers
Within a strategic lens, you would…
- Prepare key documents and collaborate with stakeholders to bring projects through Shark Tank funding conversations
- Collaborate and present business cases and cost benefit analyses
- Produce key reports to help inform portfolio health and progress
Account Team Notes based on learning from interviews
- Candidate should have large system implementation and large enterprise business/IT transformation experience
- Candidate should have experience leading and owning projects end to end (not just delivery management) including budgeting and financial management, external vendor contracting activities
- Strong Agile experience is required
- Management related certifications are required