QA & Testing Senior Advisor
We are looking for a talented IT professional (CT-based or Remote) with hands-on experience in functional and automation test design and execution for a wide variety of projects. This team player must have the ability to engage in requirements analysis and test approach discussions with delivery and business teams. They should also be able to self-organize and work independently within their specific area of responsibility.
Required Experience / Qualifications:
- Understands various back-end and front-end architecture components required to formulate test strategies
- Works with both onsite (Scrum Master, Product, QA and Developers) and offshore QA team members in properly defining testable scenarios based on requirements/acceptance criteria
- Helps define test data criteria and partners with Data team to obtain the data
- Participates in sprint-level, integration and regression test planning and execution
- Designs and develops scripts to run automated tests to ensure consistency, repeatability and accelerates delivery
- Determines priorities for test scenarios and creates effective execution plans
- Performs manual and exploratory testing
- Performs defect reporting and triaging
- Analyzes failure patterns and determine corrective actions to eliminate the errors completely
- Adheres to the organization's Quality Engineering best practices while helping to drive changes to our testing practices where necessary
For more information please contact Brian Otten at 203-433-7817 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7+ years of experience in testing both web and mobile applications
- Experience in business requirement analysis, test design, defect logging and tracking
- Solid experience in testing methodologies and software testing principles
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience with test management tools like Rally and Jira Align
- Good understanding of one or more programming languages (e.g. C#, Java) and OOPS concepts
- Good experience in both UI Automation (Selenium WebDriver/Appium/Cypress) and API Automation (REST Assured)
- Experience in Git based source control tools like GitLab, GitHub, Bitbucket
- Experience in build tools like Maven and Gradle
- Experience with SQL and Database/backend testing
- Hands-on experience with API testing tools such as Postman and Insomnia
- Desired Experience / Qualifications:
- Healthcare domain knowledge
- Mobile Automation experience
- AWS and Cucumber (BDD) experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid analytical skills, highly organized, self-motivated and a quick learner
- Flexible and willing to accept change in priorities as necessary
- B.S. in Computer Science or Information Technology or Engineering or related course work.
Since 1995, iTech Solutions Inc., has been providing IT Consulting and Direct Hire Services to the Insurance, Financial, Communications, Manufacturing and Government sectors with local offices in Connecticut, Minnesota, Colorado, Massachusetts, Tennessee, North Carolina, and New Jersey / Pennsylvania area.
Our recruiting strategy is simple, if you want to find qualified IT professionals then use IT professionals to find them. So at iTech Solutions, our personnel are all career IT professionals with a wide range of IT experience. We can honestly say our staff understands the technologies, the complexities of finding and selecting the appropriate personnel and the pressures of running successful IT projects.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for any employment visas, at hiring or in the future, including but not limited to H-1B visas. Corp-to-Corp or subcontract personnel will not be considered for this position.