Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll seek challenges with flexibility and patience, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Why You'll Love This Job:
Being a member of ITAES Application Architecture you will build and govern alignment to technology standards; crafts and leads the architecture of applications within IT; drives innovation through forward looking architectural designs, identifying and sponsoring foundational services and core capabilities; and measuring application alignments to strategy. This is done in partnership with Enterprise Business Architecture; Platform Architecture; Data Architecture; Security Architecture & Technology Risk Management; Product Management; and Product Development Teams.
Responsible for advancing the enterprise strategy throughout an IT department to deliver reliable value to DTCC customers. This requires leadership and collaboration throughout a department and the enterprise. This role must be able to deliver value frequently and consistently to our internal customers.
Responsible for providing leadership, technical and analytical skills throughout a department. Proactively engages staff to resolve architectural needs, address those needs, and communicating the resulting architectural standards, mentorship, and strategies. In collaboration with other ITA and Federated Architects, works with Application Development, Infrastructure, and Product Management during system design and development phases to ensure that the resulting products meet the highest architectural standards. Focus on overall project technical and architecture design, quality of solution, knowledge transfer to other areas, and mentoring the project technical team members. Conducts research and understands industry trends and events with regards to technology and can understand and evaluate the use of automated tools and utilities in support of DTCC's enterprise strategy.
The DTCC ITA Application Architect (AA) applies a broad business understanding and technical knowledge to build and improve critical systems. The AA will participate from the very early stages of an initiative, working with business development and the industry, to analyze the overall business problem and objectives and to develop strategies to meet those objectives. This involves conducting interviews and workshops to make well informed solution and improvement recommendations. This position provides leadership and mentorship to teams and management through all phases of projects, including post-deployment support for adoption by users. This means facilitating the development of, and analyzing business processes, participating in application design, supporting development teams, testing and service introduction to clients. The AA must possess excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to translate sophisticated business processes into easy to understand language. This position requires working closely with the technical and governance functions, reviewing and interpreting technical designs and specifications, assisting with budget planning and estimation, estimating project costs and producing schedules. **NOTE: The Primary Responsibilities of this role are not limited to the details above. ** Your Primary Responsibilities:
Leadership Competencies for this level include
- Leads and enables collaboration across all specialties for a given department - ensures that Product, AD, Infrastructure, Security, Architecture are all working together
- Develops and documents architecture solutions, including designs, guidelines and architecture-specific standards for department wide solutions with enterprise-wide alignment.
- Provides thought leadership and direction in identifying APIs, Common Components, and Shared Services
- Identifies and owns the design and documentation of technology architectures to enable repeatable, faster, and compliant delivery to our customers
- Maintains understanding of existing DTCC applications and technology solutions for using the reuse of services and for the consolidation of services.
- Maintains understanding of emerging architecture concepts and methods and associated technology trends
- Conducts presentations and education on Architectural concepts and principles throughout DTCC
- Participates in the design, specification, and implementation of business and technology projects ensuring all deliveries enforce to architectural best practices, standards, and guidance
- Reviews application plans and designs and collaboratively guides as needed
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where standards do not exist or where existing standards may need to change due to changing business requirements or changes in the technology environment and provides leadership to ensure the implementation of those changes
- Leads and/or collaborates in working groups of subject matter experts for definition and review of architectural standards and guidelines
- Shares DTCC's architectural vision with key partners by organizing informal discussions and formal presentations
- Gives to the technology strategy, vision, requirements, and solutions for department initiatives
- Awareness of Security and Privacy Risks
- Automation Aware and Automation Centric
- Awareness of standard methodologies in application automation, in the development and production environments, and provides designs that demonstrate automation
- Industry specific best practices, standards and regulations
- Examples of industry standards (ex: ISO messaging standards adoption; IOSCO principles compliance)
- Recommends and promotes solutions that support industry standard methodologies
- Defines and/or recommends functional standard methodologies for the enterprise
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies and industry groups
- Examples of industry related organizations: ISITC, SIFMA, SII, etc.
- Mitigates risk by following established procedures, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
Talents Needed for Success:
- Strategic Thinking : Effectively translates the department vision and strategic objectives into specific technical objectives and designs, thinks of different ways to do things and through all angles to provide insights and develop strategies that guide future decisions. Can create and lifecycle application designs at multiple levels of abstraction based on specified and inferred requirements.
- Organizational Savvy : Understands DTCC's products and service offerings, as well as key partners, and demonstrates the ability to form and cultivate internal networks that will help navigate getting things done.
- Leading Change : Embraces and adapts well to changing circumstances, identifies areas of needed change and employs many methods to drive those activities to meet organizational goals. Communicates and influences broadly.
- Inclusive Leadership : Values individuals and accepts diversity by integrating differences and promoting diversity and inclusion across teams and functions. Listens well.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in IT (3+ years of Architectural experience preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field; Master's degree preferred
- Minimum 5+ years of hands-on development experience in Java, C# or similar language
- Experience with multiple programming languages preferred
- Cloud development experience preferred
- Digital Ledger Technology development experience desired
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. About UsAbout DTCC
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry's needs and we're working to continually improve the world's most resilient, secure and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.
Our work environment favors openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you'll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living. It's the chance to make a difference at a company that's truly one of a kind. About the Team
IT Architecture and Enterprise Services are responsible for enabling digital transformation of DTCC. The group manages complexity of the technology landscape within DTCC and enhances agility, robustness and security of the technology footprint. It does so by serving as the focal point for all technology architectural activities in the organization as well as engineering a portfolio of foundational technology assets to enable our digital transformation.