Piper Companies is seeking a Senior Java Engineer to develop modernized AWS application systems supporting federal emergency financial relief applicants. The Senior Java Engineer will be responsible for providing a mixture of front and back-end development across robust Java, AWS, and automation technology stacks.
Responsibilities for the Senior Java Engineer include:
• Design and implement JEE software applications in Tomcat\WebSphere Application Server\WebLogic\JBoss or related JEE server
• Use modern software engineering IDEs including Eclipse, Rational Application Developer (RAD) for design, development, and testing the software
• Work with users in an Agile development approach to understand and document requirements in JIRA, then elicit feedback and refine solution through demonstrations
• Present the solution at formal and informal design reviews, and document the design according to the Government's system lifecycle methodology
Qualifications for the Senior Java Engineer include:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or/ 3+ years of engineering experience
• Knowledge of Design Patterns & Data Structures
• Experience developing responsive applications
• Familiarity with Java technologies like Spring, Struts, etc.
• Developing automated unit tests, QA testing, manual testing, etc. good to have
• Good written/oral communication skills and problem-solving skills; ability to communicate information to a variety of groups at different technical skill levels
Compensation for the Senior Java Engineer include:
• Salary: $140,000-155,000 base | Hourly Rate: $65-80/hr
• Benefits: Full health, dental, vision, PTO, 401K