Role: Looking for a Sr. BI (MicroStrategy) Solution Engineer, Who has experience/exposure working with BI/ETL/DW Solutions both on-prem and Cloud DWs (Snowflake/Redshift etc.)
Location: Grand Rapids, MI Strictly onsite role no Remote
Duration: 6 Months +
- Analyze business and system requirements and translate into logical and physical designs.
- Implement logical and physical designs generated by Tech Leads, and other engineers and business analysts.
- Performs data quality validation and data profiling to ensure a high level of information integrity.
- Develop and test programs to extract, cleanse, transform, and load from source systems into the Enterprise Data
- Develop and implement BI platform and analytic applications.
- Develop and support abstraction layer with Gordon Food Service BI platform used for dashboards and ad-hoc reporting
with minimal oversight.
- Assist in data modeling required to support information additions to the data warehouse environment.
- Ensure consistent use of Gordon Food Service Common Business Language during development of analytic applications.
- Provide operational support to the Data Warehouse load processes and participate in an on-call rotation.
- Mentor and backup Support Coordinator with BI system administration
- Lead Gordon Food Service BI standards and best practice definitions in chosen areas of BI technical subject matter
- Document Gordon Food Service BI standards and best practices.
- Ensure compliance with Gordon Food Service BI standards and best practices within BI team and contractors.
- Participant and contributor to the Gordon Food Service BI Center of Excellence.
- Create and deliver end-user training and documentation
- Must have good written, verbal, organizational and communication skills as well as problem-solving capabilities.
- Must have the ability to multi-task, prioritize and be able to work independently or within a team environment.
- Proficient in one or more program languages, operating systems and databases.
- Must have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Must have knowledge of business intelligence and data warehouse principles and data modeling techniques for data
- Ability to develop solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation, and ensure
solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
- Familiarity with cloud hosted data management solution technologies such as Google Cloud Platform, MicroSoft Azure or
- Experience with modern data management technologies such as Hadoop (and related ecosystems), data streaming,
- Familiarity with modern analytic platforms which provide classification, predictive and prescriptive functionality.
- Prefer experience with data integration to SAP s ERP platform.
- Preferred : Knowledge of ETL data load tools, (IBM DataStage or SAP Data Services ) , BI Platforms (MicroStrategy), Data Warehouse providers (Netezza, Snowflake Cloud), SQL clients (Oracle, Squirrel), programming languages (python, perl, Java, Visual Basic), OS shell scripting (Windows, Unix, Linux)
Keywords: BI Solution Architect. MicroStrategy Architect, BI architect, Datawarehouse Architect, MicroStrategy Solution Architect, MSTR Solution Architect, MSTR architect