Google Cloud Solution Architect/Engineer
Do you want to be at the forefront of Deloitte's emerging Cloud practice? We're looking for exceptional problem-solvers to help address our clients' most compelling Cloud needs. You will work along-side top engineers and technical thought leaders building Cloud solutions helping shape the future of global enterprises. You will be at the heart of the technical solutioning and leading-edge product development.The Team: Cloud Engineering
Our Cloud Engineering team focuses on enabling our client's end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of: Cloud Strategy, Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development, Cloud Integration & APIs, Cloud Migration, Cloud Infrastructure & Engineering, and Cloud Managed Services. We help our clients see the transformational capabilities of Cloud as an opportunity for business enablement and competitive advantage.
Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility and resilience, and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients towards a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions and Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.Work you'll do:
In partnership with other leaders in the firm, you will focus on developing, selling and delivering leading edge Cloud solutions using Google Cloud, and as a key member of our engineering practice solve the tough problems and ensure success in designing and building complex world-class applications on the Cloud.
- Enable our clients to tackle tough problems and innovate at scale with hands-on the keyboard architect and engineer high QoS solutions.
- Leading by example you will manage complex engagements and support others at the same time.
- Leverage our deep relationships and partner programs to maintain leading edge skills - participate in trusted tester programs and alpha/betas.
- Assist in developing our community of practice by sharing your knowledge and experience with your peers and apprentices.
- Collaborate with our partners to build repeatable cloud-native solutions that accelerate our clients' path to value.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university
- Self-starter with an in-depth hands-on work experience with multiple large-scale implementations of Google Cloud Platform (Google Cloud Platform)
- Knowledge multiple development and scripting languages and DevOps tools
- Data engineering and operations experience for high-volume ingestion and streaming at scale
- Direct experience migrating, refactoring, and re-engineering complex enterprise applications from legacy platforms to Cloud
- Development of complex network and security architectures
- Understanding of AI/ML and advanced analytics and the application thereof in cloud-native environments
- Experience with Agile methods, automation, and tools
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Google Cloud Architecture, Engineering, DevOps, and/or Security certifications
- Understanding of Digital Advertising, Analytics and the impact of the combination of Cloud and Analytics over businesses, end-users and cloud providers
- Proven experience as a successful senior engineer and/or cloud engineer highly desirable
- Understanding of Infrastructure, Networking, and DevOps scripting and tooling
- Knowledge of hybrid-cloud architectures, Anthos, GCVE
- Container experience with Docker and Kubernetes or other container orchestration platforms
- API experience with Apigee or other API exposure platforms
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management, user and system authentication methods and certificates, tokens and certificate management
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, coaching, analysis, problem solving and short term and long term planning.
- Experienced, persuasive and effective presenter, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of standard selling disciplines, specifically Solution Selling and RFP management.
- Experience leading high performance, results driven teams with a focus on client satisfaction.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple initiatives and rapidly changing priorities.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals. How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.