Kellton Tech is a full-service software development company, offering end-to-end IT solutions, strategic technology consulting and product development services in Web, SMAC (Social, Mobile, Analytics, Cloud), ERP-BPM, and IoT space Our methodology of inventing infinite possibilities with technology helps us develop best in-class and cost effective solutions for our clients.
Currently Kellton Tech is looking for talented resources for one of our listed client. Below are the position details:
Position: Cloud Architect - AWS
Location: Reston, VA or 100% Remote
Duration: Contract or Contract to Hire
Team: PowerFAIDS - financial aid applications, complete enterprise-level build of AWS application for higher ed clients.
Profile: Must have experience in architecting solutions using Amazon Web Services for SaaS-based “cloud-scale,” high availability, reliability, and security
*** Need consultants overview on SAAS experience. ***
- 10+ years of experience developing, tuning and implementing large-scale, complex system architectures
- Agile Methodology
- AWS cloud technology architectures
- enterprise domains
- Amazon Web Services for SaaS based “cloud-scale,” high availability, reliability and security
Responsibilities of the role
- Architect and deliver optimal solutions that are aligned with an EA perspective.
- Create synergies and reuse within and across projects.
- Establish Solution & Application architectural standards and strategies as the norm.
- Lead projects through gating reviews.
- Confer with stakeholders to define business requirements for complex systems development – from both functional and non-functional perspectives (i.e. concept of operations, performance, test, cost, schedule, training, support, and disposal).
- Collaborate with other architects –data architects, technical architects, business architects, domain architects, or enterprise architects -- and marry their various requirements into one solution.
- Model business and systems processes based on findings through use case scenarios, workflow diagrams, and data models.
- Evaluate alternative architectures with respect to their composition, e.g. people, hardware, software, facilities, policies, documents, risks, and cost.
- Create systems models, data models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to project and development teams.
- Validate, through proof of concepts and implementation, the architecture’s compliance to the requirements and verifies the system’s compliance to the architecture.
- Develop, document, and communicate plans for investing in systems architecture, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Contribute to technology strategy and planning. Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost-effectiveness and systems flexibility.
- Participate in the architecture roadmap activities.
- Review new and existing systems design projects and procurement or outsourcing plans for compliance with standards and architectural plans.
- Develop, document, communicate, and enforce system standards as necessary.
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team.
Qualifications needed for the role
- Education - Bachelor's degree in the field of computer science or systems engineering (Master’s degree preferred).
- Professional training and/or certifications using Amazon Web Services, Oracle, Linux, Java, and Microsoft tools and technologies desired.
- 10+ years of general experience in systems design and integration
- Expert level experience in architecture design in the areas of enterprise application, server less, micro-services, data, and web applications.
- Architecture Experience - 5 years minimum across multiple disciplines (Requirements Engineering, Risk management, Technology planning, design, development, System Integration, or Quality Assurance).
Preferred skills for the role
- Extensive experience in developing strategic application architecture plans.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Superior written and oral communication skills; ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Excellent architecture and technical support documentation skills.
- Proven experience in systems and network design and development.
- Strong understanding of information processing principles and practices.
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing solutions using Amazon Web Services (AWS) services including IAM, Lambda, Cognito, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, SNS/SQS, S3, CloudFront, API Gateway, Dynamo, Organizations
- Experience with “on-premise to cloud” migrations or IT transformations
- Experience architecting/operating solutions build on AWS
- Technical knowledge of Cloud Computing, DevOps, and Microservices.
- Strong knowledge of COTS evaluation principles and practices.
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as required.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong consultative skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Strong leadership skills and customer service orientation.
- Lifelong Learner – what is learned today will be obsolete tomorrow; demonstrated continuous learning
Willingness/ability to work off-shifts (evening, night-time, weekend) as needed
Apply: Interested candidates can apply with their detailed word formatted resume along with their contact information\availability to
Phone (off)or Email ID:
Thanks for all your time!