Apex Systems is looking for a Systems Engineer
for a remote flexible position ot of Baltimore, MD. If you have experience with both systems and networkng, please email Mackenzie Pearson at
with your current resume
: Systems Engineer Required Experience
: 5+ years experience in IT Location
: Baltimore, MD with remote capability Transportation Requirement:
Must have valid driver's license Primary responsibilities
- Provide network and system support including installation, configuration, deployment, and maintenance of server software and hardware (e.g., HP
- ProLiant servers as standalone or virtualization platforms).Install Host Operating Systems, including Windows Server 2012, 2016 and 2019, and perform feature upgrades as needed.
- Perform server backup and recovery management.
- We have two levels of backups:
- Maintain virtual machine environments operating in various platforms (e.g., VMware, MS Hyper-V, OVS, etc.).
- Using internal mechanisms (primarily snapshots and/or archives sent to internal repositories) Using MDOT infrastructure (via DPX agents)
- Manage and maintain storage systems supporting MPA operations (e.g., NetApp, HP3-PAR, etc.).
- Deploy Software Patches to Windows Servers and Workstations, using primarily SCCM and staging orchestration to minimize down time as much as possible.
- Configure and maintain MPA network switches, routers, firewalls (e.g., Cisco, Netgear, Planet, etc.), with fiber and copper connections.
- Troubleshoot and maintain network fiber and copper links and coordinate associated improvement projects.
- Create, maintain, and support Active Directory functionality including the integration of required functionality and the implementation of interworking with associated MPA systems.
- Experience with
- Active Directory
- Windows Systems
- HyperV or VSphere Virtualization
- Routers, switches, firewalls, etc network systems
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience managing IT projects is highly desirable.
- Ability to assist and/or coordinate support for timely resolution of reported incidents and emergencies.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at