GuidePoint Security provides trusted cybersecurity expertise, solutions and services that help organizations make better decisions and minimize risk. By taking a three-tiered, holistic approach for evaluating security posture and ecosystems, GuidePoint enables some of the nation's top organizations, such as Fortune 500 companies and U.S. government agencies, to identify threats, optimize resources and integrate best-fit solutions that mitigate risk.The position is onsite and employee can choose from either St Louis, MO or Springfield, VA. Candidates MUST have an active TS/SCI for consideration. A CI polygraph is also required within 6 months. This position is not remote.
The Endpoint Security Engineer is part of a team of skilled Cybersecurity professionals that support the design, build, and sustainment of endpoint based cyber defense capabilities within the organization. Endpoint Security Engineer interact daily with a wide variety of industry leading network security products including, but not limited to, host intrusion prevention, malware detection, data loss prevention, policy auditing, endpoint detection/response, rogue system detection, runtime protection, and user/entity behavioral analysis. Endpoint Security Engineers provide support to fellow stakeholders when integrating new Cybersecurity requirements into the enterprise and maintain all production endpoint security solutions that are servicing the organization. When required, Endpoint Security Engineers support fellow stakeholders in resolving operational endpoint issues.
This position supports an intelligence community customer's Tanium Platform. Duties/Responsibilities
- Responsible for implementing and applying technologies, processes, and practices designed to protect networks, devices, programs, and data from malicious attack, damage, or unauthorized
- Responsible for providing engineering and sustainment support for Tanium platform
- Establishes computing environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, and defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards
- Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and
future capacity requirements
- Configures and installs various security products utilizing Linux OS
- Work with both the software vendor and the customer to research, analyze, and implement enterprise-wide security solutions/capabilities/enhancements to support customer
business/mission goals and objectives
- Assists with design, analysis, testing and implementation of state-of-the-art secure architectures
- Oversee security infrastructure sustainment, maintenance, and advanced configuration (policy management, database administration and security management tools)
- Oversee the reporting, documentation and investigation of all security related incidents; lead the development and implementation of corrective measures
- Experience maintaining Enterprise Cyber Security Engineering requirements utilizing all or some of the following tools: Tanium, HBSS, Carbon Black Response/Protection, Microsoft ATA
- 3+ years related technical experience in Cybersecurity
- Comprehensive experience with the Tanium platform
- Experience with large-scale enterprise/global networks in a high-paced, diverse environment
- Understanding of and experience with the DoD Architecture Framework and other key DoD
network architecture and strategic planning instructions
- Experience in providing status reports and products to senior management and customers
- Experience with plans, designs, and evaluations of security systems and architectures
- Experience with Unix, RHELS OS, Windows Enterprise Active Directory architecture and VMWare virtualization
- Minimum DOD 8570 IAT Level II certification (typically Sec+, CEH or greater)
- Must obtain a CSSP Infrastructure Support certification within 6 months of date of hire (we will provide training and reimburse for exam)
- Bachelor's degree (in Engineering, Computer Science or related field) or commensurate experience
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 675 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 3,000 Enterprise-Level customers.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company's success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.Some added perks....
- Remote workforce primarily (U.S. based only, some travel may be required for certain positions, working on-site may be required for Federal positions)
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental premiums with generous employer family contributions
- 11 corporate holidays in 2022 (12 in 2023) and a Flexible Time Off (FTO) program
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
- Pet Care plan