Location: Washington, DC – Must work onsite
Clearance: Must have active TS/SCI clearance
Certification: Must have Security+, CCNA certification (Desired), ITILv4 certification (Desired)
ALTA IT Services is looking for a Network Engineer that loves to showcase their talent in a unique, challenging environment providing network services in support of leadership at the highest level of government. If you want to join a company that values your ability to work independently, showcase your superior knowledge and well-honed skills, and are open to commuting to Downtown Washington, D.C.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- You'll work with a team of seven (7) dedicated professionals to plan, configure, maintain, and monitor the organization’s data and voice networks
- You'll also provide procurement and long-range planning advice to the customer as well as participate in interesting and challenging projects with varying degrees of complexity
- You'll provide day-to-day support of classified government systems and networks
You're a great fit if you:
- can apply your knowledge of complex data and voice networks to satisfy real-time requirements
- like the challenge of providing network services to fixed and mobile locations
- enjoy project planning and implementation and are able to resolve complex network disruption issues
- are passionate about your profession and you are willing to see projects through from conception to completion
- 5 years of network engineering experience with a Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or Mathematics or 10 years of experience with a high school diploma
- experience implementing and managing routers and switches in a complex secure network.
- experience using network monitoring tools to identify incidents as well as analyze performance of the network.
- an active TS/SCI clearance
- a security + certification.
- an active CCNA certification
- an ITILv4 certification