Full-time Permanent, Direct-Hire role
Expert Technical Solutions has an immediate opening for a Junior IT/OT Associate with one of our premier clients in Wauna, OR. This is a full-time, direct hire, permanent position. This individual will work on various infrastructure projects and systems/network administration at our location. You will also resolve desktop, network, & server issues. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with IT hardware, troubleshooting of network and software issues, and Windows systems administration. Experience in a manufacturing environment with process control systems, server control systems, and/or network control systems is desired but not required. Educational experience in any of these areas is also acceptable in lieu of experience.
- Support a wide range of technologies associated with both business systems and manufacturing automation environments, including:
- End-user Computing
- Physical and Virtual Windows Servers
- Storage Area Networks
- Network Communications infrastructure (wired and wireless)
- Cyber Security Defensive Systems
- Integrated Control Systems
- Industrial Internet of Things (Industry 4.0) devices and cloud services
- Coordinate with multiple corporate technical groups, project managers, facility operational leaders, and operators to implement applications, system upgrades, and architecture changes
- Maintain effective communications with users regarding activities, problems, status, timelines, and other details
- Participate in root cause analysis and help recommend solutions for simple to complex technical issues for both Business systems and Automated Industrial Control Systems.
- At least 0-3 years of experience in IT technical support
- Basic knowledge of 3 or more diverse technology stacks (i.e., Windows desktop and server, network technologies (wired or wireless), active directory/group policies/domain controllers, firewalls, patching/anti-virus, Process Control, etc.
- Ability to participate in a rotating on-call support schedule
- Ability to lift 35 pounds, work in various manufacturing environments, climbing stairs.