What does a great Solution Architect do?
The Solution Architect role applies vast experience of system architectures, application technologies, data architectures, and infrastructures to support key IT initiatives. The candidate must apply their knowledge of IT best practices appropriately to define IT solutions. The individual must possess the ability to analyze solutions and technologies and provide solution architecture based on knowledge of the organization's current and future needs. The candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, reviewing business and technical requirements, focusing on solution development throughout the project life cycle, supporting development and testing activities, evangelizing best practices and proven patterns, and escalating architecture issues and concerns. The candidate will promote the use of Corporate IT standards, and will create architectures and designs, and will develop future-state architectures.
As a Solution Architect, you can expect to:
• Create logical architecture reflecting the business capabilities of the solution.
• Work with infrastructure team to create physical architecture of the applications.
• Assist business architect in creation of E2E business process flow for the application/use case.
• Experience creating architecture notebook which includes DB design and required design and architecture artifacts.
• Evangelize and articulate cloud, integration, microservices and other architecture principles, benefits and technical solutions to senior level business and technical audiences.
• Translate strategies into target architectures and roadmaps; articulate and evangelize design/architectural road maps.
• Architect the solution to meet the non-functional requirements.
• Collaborate with enterprise architects, data architects, infrastructure architects, security architects and cloud architects in defining the solutions.
• Refine and/or redesign and develop reference architecture to meet the organization's changing business requirements.
• Implement new solution architecture in a large enterprise environment and drive adoption with an understanding of security best practices.
• Participate in architecture definition for Cloud Initiatives utilizing industry best practices and technologies
• Able to engage in production issues to provide short- and long-term solutions to mitigate the impact to clients.
• Drive efficiency improvements to reduce cost and improve client satisfaction.
• Lead the development of current "as is" and future "to be" architecture documentation and drive strategic plan for transition.
• Provide hands-on designs, prototypes, and implementations incorporating architecture & software engineering best practices.
• Learn and analyze current industry technology trends, best practices and patterns.
• Evaluate tools, technologies and POCs related to new technologies/solutions.
• Account for possible project challenges on constraints including, risks, time, resources and scope.
• Analyze current technologies used within the company and determine ways to improve.
• Identify issues or disruptive technologies within it.
• Work closely with project management and teams to successfully monitor progress of initiatives
• Define clear goals for all aspects of end to end solution for a project and manage their proper execution from architecture and design perspective.
• Maintain an understanding of how individual work and decisions fit into broader organizational picture
• Mentor, educate, and train colleagues as requested.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline.
• 15+ Years of related experience in Java technology.
• Hand on experience in DB design as part of solution.
• Hand on experience with UI frameworks leveraging responsive design.
• Experience in working on E2E solution.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options. We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren't thinking about "financial services". But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We're Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company's approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World's Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
Fiserv is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and it is the Company's policy to make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability (as long as the individual is able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), and any other characteristic protected by Law.