Sr. Cyber Security Engineer, Cloud & Edge Security Services
Location: Remote or Onsite | Atlanta, GA
Synergis’ client provides sustainable packaging solutions for hundreds of recognized brands within food, beverage, and other consumer products sold. They are looking to find a Senior Cyber Security Engineer that focuses within the Cloud and Edge Security Services. This individual will be report directly to the Chief Information Security Officer and is responsible for configuring a safe and secure operating environment for the entire organization.
Sr. Cyber Security Engineer, Cloud & Edge Security Services | Role Overview
- In this role, you will be responsible for leading the engineering of cloud and edge cyber security technologies (Network Detection & Response CASB, SaaS, and AWS).
- You will work closely with outside professional services teams and 3rd party vendors to implement security solutions & assist businesses with the assessment and improvement of the organization’s security infrastructure.
- This individual will demonstrate strong knowledge of information security threats, vulnerability and countermeasures, and associate operational best practices for daily work, acting as a security champion to the overall organization.
- The ideal candidate will participate in multiple projects simultaneously, working closely with key stakeholders across the organization inclusive to integrated development environment.
Sr. Cyber Security Engineer, Cloud & Edge Security Services | Day to Day Responsibilities
- This person will advise senior management by identifying critical security issues; recommending risk-reduction solutions.
- The selected candidate will partner with various internal company departments to provide internal security consulting for various corporate initiatives.
- Additionally, you will conduct forensic analysis of corporate assets to provide Management, Human Resources, Legal, or others (as approved) with requested information to address business continuance and/or litigation needs.
- Responsible for mid complexity to high complexity cyber security technology implementations
- Manage continuous improvement process of security operations while driving process improvement to continually improve service and reduce costs
- Act as the single point of accountability across Global IT for security
- Provide the policies and processes across Global IT for Information Security
- Responsible for security monitoring metrics and trending for actionable patterns including pushing knowledge base articles to the Global Help Desk to allow remote incident remediation where applicable
- Collaborate with engineering management teams to ensure proper deployment and monitoring of new security technologies and cloud enablement as GPI continues to evolve in that space
- Extend current security operations management governance model to a global footprint in partnership with other IT leaders in the organization.
- Perform root cause analysis, future prevention / risk mitigation on critical security incidents
- Work in union with the compliance team and vendors to ensure SOX evidence for internal & external audit(s).
- Responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance with regional, national & international data privacy regulations
- Provide guidance to development teams to ensure the appropriate level of secure code scans are performed prior to implementing code into the production environment
Sr. Cyber Security Engineer, Cloud & Edge Security Services | Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or related field of study; equivalent experience will be considered
- 7+ years’ experience working across and in an IT service organization
- Must have substantial Information Security background and history having worked for a Fortune 500 Organization
- Should have experience leading cyber incident response
- Required that this individual have strong understanding and ability to execute cyber security assessment, risk analysis, data protection, regulatory frameworks, & risk and security architecture
- Must have expertise in one or more of the following: Privilege Management, Vulnerability Management, SSO, IAM, Cloud & Network Security
- Will possess advanced technical knowledge across cyber security technologies inclusive to Network Access Control, Endpoint and Cloud Security, Identity and Privilege Management
- Will need to pull and analyze data to help drive continual operational improvement
- Will possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- This candidate should be able to work in a virtual team environment across global time zones
Sr. Cyber Security Engineer, Cloud & Edge Security Services | Plusses
- CISSP, GIAC, or CISM certifications are highly preferred
Sr. Cyber Security Engineer, Cloud & Edge Security Services | Other
- Ability to work for any US based company without sponsorship at any time
- Any offer of employment will be contingent on the successful completion of a full background check, and drug screening
About Our Client
Our client, local to the Atlanta area, produces cardboard, plastic, and paper products that you enjoy your favorite cereal, coffee, microwave lunch from. They are one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world’s most recognized brands of food, beverage, household, personal-care, and pet care products. Our client prides themselves on the collaborative and innovative culture they foster. Their employees are passional individuals, committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With a presence of 70 locations in North and South America, Europe, and the Pacific Coast, our client prioritizes being an environmentally responsible leaders in the industry. Workplace diversity is of high importance for our client, and they offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry’s best to reward talented folks that ensure the company’s success.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.