BE PART OF A BANK LIKE NO OTHER.
When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference.
Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work.
They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and nearly forty years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with diverse teams of passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to an inclusive approach to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
Join us at SVB and be part of bringing our clients' world-changing ideas to life. At SVB, we have the opportunity to grow and collectively make an impact by supporting the innovative clients and communities SVB serves. We pride ourselves in having both a diverse client roster and an equally diverse and inclusive organization. And we work diligently to encourage all with different ways of thinking, different ways of working, and especially those traditionally underrepresented in technology and financial services, to apply.Job Description Responsibilities:
This role is part of SVB's Credit, Risk, Fraud & Compliance Technology Solutions Group. As a Sr. Software Engineer, primary responsibility will be towards design, development and delivery of Credit Risk, Reporting and Management solutions and initiatives for SVB and its customers. Requirements:
- Hands-on development experience in Appian BPM, Java J2EE and SQL applications
- Working knowledge of RPA, Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, and ability to design AWS cloud-native applications
- Design, develop, and manage automated unit, integration and acceptance tests
- Work with the Business/System Analysts and Customers throughout the requirements process to properly understand the long term goals of the program
- Experience with distributed source control systems, preferably Git
- Must have strong hands-on experience on SQL and databases, linking them with Appian BPM solutions
- Strong expertise on Appian BPM integrations and APIs
- Experience with streaming in general (e.g. spark streaming) and Kafka/Confluent in particular
- Development and support of Kafka integrations, including topics, producers, consumers and streaming (KStream and KTable) applications
- Experience with Agile methodologies, development approaches, and tools (e. g. JIRA)
- Actively seeking ways to objectively measure productivity. This will include a focus on automating code quality, code performance, unit testing, and build processing in the CI/CD pipeline
- Strong hands on expertise in debugging and fixing streaming jobs by reviewing debug logs and configuration tuning
- Demonstrated experience with Application Servers (Tomcat, Websphere, Jetty, JBoss) and Web Servers (Apache, NGINX)
- Experience in developing high performance server side components
- Strong techno functional skills
- Experience in AWS, DevOps, building API, Microservices, Integration Solutions
- Business Intelligence and Data Analytics experience
- Prior financial services or banking experience
- Experience with Confluent Kafka, MQ is a plus
- 9+ years experience in full stack software development, especially with Appian BPM, Java or Scala with strong SQL background
- 2+ years of hands on experience in AWS, data integration, Kafka/Confluent/Data Streaming development/operational platform experience
- Experience with CI/CD delivery and writing code as a pipeline jobs
- Hands-on experience with Ansible, writing playbooks to automate tasks and deploy artifacts
Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or Engineering or related field.
© 2022 SVB Financial Group. All rights reserved. SVB, SVB FINANCIAL GROUP, SILICON VALLEY BANK, MAKE NEXT HAPPEN NOW and the chevron device are trademarks of SVB Financial Group, used under license. Silicon Valley Bank is a member of the FDIC and the Federal Reserve System. Silicon Valley Bank is the California bank subsidiary of SVB Financial Group (Nasdaq: SIVB ).Equal Employment Opportunity
Silicon Valley Bank is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to expanding its commitments and investments to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive company culture and innovation ecosystem. We are strongly committed to the values and policy of equal employment opportunity across our employment practices.
Silicon Valley Bank UK Limited is registered in England and Wales at Alphabeta, 14-18 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1BR, UK (Company Number 12546585). Silicon Valley Bank UK Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority (Firm Reference Number 543146). Details about the extent of our regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority are available from us on request.