Systems Administrator-Senior: (VDept-21-1650-F):
Bowhead seeks a Systems Administrator-Senior to provide customer support and technical assistance by:
• Answering questions about installation, operation, configuration, and customization.
• Applying advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct common failures.
• Specific support consists of troubleshooting hardware, software, and network related issues encountered by users.
• Software support includes, but not limited to Windows and Linux/Unix operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite, and various specialty engineering and scientific development tools.
• Installation of new software releases, system upgrades, evaluation and installation of patches and to resolve software related issues and Information Assurance Vulnerabilities (IAVs).
• Assist with the maintenance and monitoring of the organizational mailbox to ensure that all users receive timely support in response to their requests for assistance.
• Maintain and develop IT related procedures required to support the organization.
• Support also includes working with the organizations Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) for achieving system accreditation.
• Provide recommendation to future IT needs of the organization.
• Maintain data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
• Assist in the preparation of a monthly progress and status report.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire. All job offers in connection with a covered contract may be contingent upon providing proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date.
• Five (5) years of Systems Administration experience in a real-world setting at a complex site (i.e., more than 100 computers running multiple operating systems) demonstrating experience in leading a computer technology effort including planning, scheduling, forecasting, and evaluating associated endeavors .Ability to work independently or as part of a team with no supervision from senior leadership.
• Ability to streamline IT management and team efficiency through the use of automation and orchestration tools (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, SCCM).
• Advanced understanding of operating system concepts, system interconnectivity, virtualization, hardware and software management, active directory and group policy, file systems, client/server interoperability, performance analysis, system vulnerability assessment, remediation and prevention.
• Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (PowerShell, Perl, Python etc.).
• Giving technical and informational presentations, writing advanced documentation, and white papers.
• Independent problem solving skills, self-motivation and self-direction.
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts. To receive and respond to instructions/assignments, must be able to read, write and speak English.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Top Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC's Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant's resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as a paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to apply:
#LI-JR1 UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here .The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)