Amazon's Information Security is looking for Software Development Engineers who are passionate about building scaled software supporting the high-tempo needs of security operations at Amazon. Our team's mission is to build a single application for orchestration and automation of security incident response at-scale.
As the ideal candidate for this role, you will:
- have experience in shipping software designs and partnering with other software development engineers, security engineers and technical program managers
- demonstrate great passion for customers, agility and adaptability in the face of fast changing business requirements and innovation
- take an active part in leading the design, development and operations of software/tooling used to keep Amazon's customers safe
- ship software in a fast-paced environment and collaborate on new approaches to building and serving Amazon's security
Our systems/products are critical path and used by security engineers daily in their quest to defend Amazon and its customers against internal and external threats.
Key job responsibilities
You will work with other members of our growing team to investigate approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility of ideas. You will write high quality distributed software systems using AWS technologies, operating at scale that's not available anywhere else. Come help us drive best practices, operational and engineering excellence across the organization, impacting how other teams operate!
About the team
The Amazon Detection, Intelligence, and Response Organization protects and defends customer trust by ensuring resilience to information security threats. We strive to understand our attack surface and threats, respond with adaptive defenses based on risk. Software Engineering is a core component that helps us achieve our mission through building high-profile, critical software platforms at scale that allow security professionals at Amazon to focus on new and unknown threats while software manages all known unknowns. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
- 1+ years of experience designing, building, deploying, operating, scaling and evolving distributed systems and high-volume transaction applications
- 1+ years of industry experience in software development with Java, C#, Python, Ruby, or other similar/object-oriented language
- Experience with software development methodologies like Kanban, SCRUM, or Scrumban; ability to communicate and interpret requirements documented via user stories or technical specs.
- Experience with full stack development teams, owning APIs, UIs, and data stores. Operating software in data centers or cloud environments
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field or equivalent work experience
- Strong, object-oriented and coding skills.
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Understanding of DevOps and operational support of software in production; build tolls and CI/CD
- Experience with Amazon Web Services tech stack is a plus. Working knowledge of core AWS products [S3, Lambda, Dynamo, RDS, ELBs, Route53 etc.]
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to partner with engineers, program managers, and customers
- Ability to think outside of the box, innovating and driving product vision for the space, focusing on goals and needs of end customers
- Ability to deal with high degree of ambiguoundefined set problems; ability to think abstractly and big, solutioning on your feet
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience is a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.