Make recommendations to management to adjust system performance parameters.
Delegate problem resolution to other team members and conduct follow-up.
C2 Security clearance required which requires U.S Citizenship to obtain.
•30% Provide enhancement recommendations based on long-term IT organization strategy. Analyze new/revised processes/change requests from the maintainer. Collaborate with various internal groups and external vendors to ensure all specifications are met and problems are resolved as they arise.
•30% Participate in the development of custom integration solutions. Review and research issues reported from external/internal customers. Evaluate interrelationships in projects to determine how changes/installations of one program will affect others.
•25% Participate in work sessions and walkthroughs for quality and production implementations, releases, data conversion projects and/or disaster recovery exercises. Attend implementation meetings to determine impact to system availability and assignment of team resources for these implementations.
•10% Work closely with team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Act as an internal consultant, advocate, mentor, and change agent. Answer questions and/or provide training for the Production Support team on current system.
•5% Perform installations, configuration, analysis, scheduling and tuning on complex projects. Ensure Production and Test environments are up and functioning properly. Perform corrective actions whenever possible to fix applications that end abnormally.Required Education:
Required Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other job related degree.
- or 4 years of job related work experience
- or 2 years of job related experience plus an associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other job related degree.
Preferred Work Experience:
- 6 years of technical experience with systems analysis, design, and/or programming experience or other job related IT experience.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with Dev Ops
- Experience with Document Management Workflow Systems
Required Software and Tools:
- Comprehends data storage techniques, database philosophy, database management, and complex programming techniques.
- In-depth understanding of the requirements for maintaining production systems and the effect of program changes.
- Understands how to use structured techniques in new program development. Comprehensive understanding of development, quality assurance, and integration methodologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work well under pressure and as part of a team.
- Pays attention to detail.
Preferred Software and Tools:
- In-depth knowledge of relevant operating systems, programming languages, and/or development/productivity tools and their usage in the company.
- Preferred candidate who already has a C2 clearance.
Fast paced, multi-platformed environment which may require action and response 24X7 to support the technical business needs of the customer. Customer-focused, project-oriented applications support environment.
We participate in E-Verify and comply with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina and our subsidiary companies maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment to promote employment opportunities for persons regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other legally protected status. Additionally, as a federal contractor, the company maintains Affirmative Action programs to promote employment opportunities for minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities in all phases of the employment process and to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-288-2227, ext. 43172 with the nature of your request. We will make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.