Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.Target Openings
1Job Description Summary
The Managed Container Services group within Infrastructure & Cloud Services (ICS) at Travelers is seeking an expert in Native AWS Container Services and Kubernetes to join our team. The Managed Container team will be building out Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS) clusters as well as working closely with the Lines of Business to develop, implement and transition applications to the new modern Kubernetes platform - EKS.
Under limited supervision, responsible for the successful design, planning, and deployment of architectures and technologies used with each service delivery organization (SDO). Works collaboratively with engineer s across SDOs to proactively identify ways to improve and optimize the entire environment, through tactical recommendations and strategic plans. Responsible for collaborating with peers to develop comprehensive solutions across ICS. This job is a team lead. Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops strategic solutions that align with the business objectives and architectural direction of the organization.
- Drives the design and ensures delivery of departmental and corporate programs.
- Leverages infrastructure technology to develop and/or redesign technology solutions.
- Builds, leverages and maintains effective alliances across technical and business community.
- Interacts with customers, vendors and leadership to achieve effective, strategic, and fiscally responsible results.
- Seen as a technical expert across the organization and the industry.
- Other duties as assigned.
Role specific responsibilities include -
- Designing and implementing native AWS Container Services such as Amazon's Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS)
- Providing Kubernetes expertise to the Lines of Business application development teams
- R&D for new cloud solutions and components
- Integration of cloud solutions with new emerging open standards
- On-going maintenance and support of Native AWS Container Services
- Support efforts to accelerate applications moving to Amazon EKS.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience, plus five years of experience in Technology required;
- Alternatively, a Master's degree in CS or a related field and three years of work experience in Technology.
- One year of experience as a technical lead required.
- Nine years of experience in Technology preferred.
- Three years of experience as a technical lead preferred.
- Expert knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as Network, Database, Server, Storage etc. preferred.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science / Management Information Systems is preferred
Preferred Certifications -
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)
Candidates should have expert knowledge of -
- Amazon's Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS)
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Kubernetes Operators
- Go Programming Language
Experience with Amazon's Elastic Container Services (ECS) and Fargate is a plus.
The ideal candidate would also have knowledge or experience with the following:
- Development languages like Java, .NET, .NET Core, Node.js, Python etc.
- Pipeline and CI/CD processes
- Web and cloud security models
- Network technologies such as load balancers
- SCM and version control systems
- Messaging systems such as Amazon MQ, Amazon SQS and RabbitMQ
- Operating Systems such as RHEL
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/ .