Overview Our Team
Technology Services Group (TSG) is the technology enabler for our firm. Our services provide a strong, resilient, and stable platform to host business processes while enabling innovation
Our TSG Architecture Infrastructure and Middleware (AIM) team provides high level of automation and self-service across the firm-s technology footprint while developing products to deliver world class messaging, cloud, and security components to our firm. Our team-s focus is to engineer solutions to improve the technology infrastructure moving from a highly manual current state to a tightly controlled automated state. AIM is comprised of 7 core services - Messaging, Web Authentication, Platform Security, App Engine, Discovery Services, Storefront and Responsibility Management and Entitlements (RME). The Role
We are seeking Senior Full Stack Engineers to join our Application Runtime Platform team. We work on the BNYM Application Engine, a Platform as a Service that schedules and runs containerized applications on Linux across our datacenters. Our systems power nearly a quarter of the global economy and we continue to invest in uplifting the technologies that underpin our private cloud and public clouds.
Our Placement Engine and Container Services platform enables developer and operational efficiencies in our datacenters and public cloud. Our team uses cutting edge technologies to enable innovation for our business, including but not limited to Docker, Kubernetes, Nomad, Consul, Puppet, Salt and VMware. Our team's portfolio includes Developers, Devops, Systems Engineers and SREs.
As a diverse platform team, we know how software is built, configured and deployed. We write services, plugins and agents. We configure, automate and run many infrastructure and platform services spanning across thousands of machines across multiple datacenters. We understand middleware and infrastructure and provide the tools and services that allow developers to run their applications. Additionally, our on-boarding and engagement teams help developers understand and use the platform.
Because we are a diverse team, we are looking for a range of skillsets for a senior engineering role who can influence and steer our platform offerings to offer exceptional services to our clients.
- Work closely with Linux and Cloud Native Technologies
- Work extensively with open-source software. You may even modify or extend code maintained as part of an open-source project.
- Develop features in an agile environment where we quickly prototype and iterate on functionality.
- Deploy and scale critical services and features that are used by thousands of developers
- Develop robust functionality in a complex, distributed systems code-base.
- POC on new frameworks, environments, and technologies
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree is beneficial. 14+ years of experience in software development required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. Job holder must have understanding interdependencies and business impact of future IT plans. S/he must have extensive experience selecting and implementing vendor-specific methodologies and prior consulting experience with structured methodologies. Job holder must have broad experience with multi-platform development tools and toolkits.
- SME in Kubernetes or Public Cloud
- 10+ years of active software development (Go, Java, Python, Ruby, Bash).
- 3+ year of web development skills (Angular, HTML, CSS, JS).
- Strong understanding of building, deploying, and maintaining microservices in a cloud based environment.
- Deep understanding of how to build fault tolerance and scalability into cloud based systems.
- Strong understanding of UI concepts and implementation
- Strong understanding of software engineering skills in modular design, data structures, algorithms, and Unix systems development.
- Ability to quickly learn and POC on new frameworks, environments, and technologies
- Experience of SDLC and Agile Development tools (Jenkins / Teamcity, Maven, JIRA, Confluence)
- Detail oriented with creative problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to be an outstanding team player
Manages a medium to large-sized or multiple small teams responsible for all phases of the systems development and implementation process. Provides analysis, design, development, testing and ongoing support for the client area application systems in an environment of diverse development platforms, computing environments, software, hardware, technology, tools, etc. Analyzes organizational needs for application development and interfaces with clients to ensure systems are developed that meet their business requirements. Oversees applications programming and analysis projects which include development, installation and maintenance of application programs. Leads analysis of organizational needs for development and implementation of applications. Interfaces regularly with clients and project managers to ensure that systems are developed to meet their business needs and specifications.Ensures the availability, integrity and stability of production systems by identifying appropriate resources to manage all systems and having a process in place to respond quickly to problems. Communicates and endorses strict adherence to development and quality standards and monitors adherence on an on-going basis. Communicates timely and accurate project-related information to relevant parties. Acts as an advocate for change management, encourages innovation and creativity in technology solutions. Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Manages one or more development teams. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives. Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred. 10 + years of experience in systems analysis and program development with related supervisory, management and administrative experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industries is a plus.. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.