This position provides engineering expertise across the full lifecycle of the database and application server related systems provided by the Database Systems group. The Database Systems group provides enterprise databases, application servers, and related services and solutions. This includes but is not limited to OLTP and OLAP database management, data feeds and integrations, backup and data protection, database replication, user management, and application server administration.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field; or equivalent work experience
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 5 years of related IT experience demonstrating a progression of dealing with increasingly complex systems
- 1 year of experience running mission critical systems
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW OR INSTITUTION:
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
- Must be aware of current technologies, and industry best practices for their areas of responsibility
- 1 or more years of experience with tuning database queries to improve performance
- 1 or more years of experience working in higher education
- 1 or more years of working as a primary Oracle Database Administrator
- Implements the full lifecycle of enterprise database and application server related systems, services, and solutions, ensuring their quality, stability, recoverability, and security
- Maintains automation solutions and scripts to automate complex database and application servers management tasks across multiple environments.
- Diagnoses and resolves complex problems across large multi-system environments.
- Develops and maintains documentation of systems, services, processes, and procedures
- Participates in the research and analysis of upcoming technology trends to identify opportunities for recommending improvements and new initiatives
- Provides on call support responding to incidents on nights and weekends
- Reviews and validates changes for impact on database security and integrity posture
- Assists application developers and functional users with database problems and requests
- Serve as a resource on a variety of database integration issues, including migration between disparate databases, data conversion, capacity planning and new application deployments
- Performs other duties as assigned