Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.Compensation Overview
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.Salary Range
$104,400.00 - $172,300.00Target Openings
1What Is the Opportunity?
Travelers is seeking a Software Engineer II (Cloud, .Net) to join our organization as we grow and transform our Technology landscape. We offer a unique opportunity to join a team that thrives on creative problem-solving and challenging the status-quo. Our employees are continuously changing the way we think about and conduct business, and through the generation of new ideas, they are empowering us to meet the evolving needs of our business partners and customers.
In this role, you will solve advanced end-to-end engineering problems while providing technical guidance and mentorship to other team members. You will lead interactions between various systems and technical teams to solve our most challenging business solutions while defining technical requirements and coordinating team resources.Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
As a valued member of our technology engineering community you will:
Collaborate with a robust team of engineers to sharpen your skills, learn various emerging technologies while working on key business initiatives. Along the way, gain experience to help advance your career at Travelers.
Provide technical guidance and mentorship to team members on complex engineering solutions while fostering a team environment.
Research and apply knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions for software engineering problems.
Oversee the analysis, design, development, defect resolution and configuration aspects of complex projects.
Guide the team to tackle complex business initiatives that are often loosely scoped.Minimum Qualifications
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in work experience.
- Two years of programming/development experience.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Experience working with AWS, cloud native development, and good understanding of micro services architecture.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform scripts preferred.
- Experience with .Net and/or.Net core.
- Experience of automated deployment / DevOps tools and technologies.
- Working knowledge of source control management tools such as Git
- Experience working as a team member in an Agile delivery model.
- Providing technical guidance and mentorship to less experienced employees.
- Experience with MuleSoft is a plus
- Delivery - Intermediate delivery skills including the ability to estimate accurate timelines for tasks and deliver work at a steady, predictable pace to achieve commitments, contribute to the software design strategy and methodologies used to best meet the system requirements, consider and build for many different use cases, avoid over engineering, and ensure automation, deliver complete solutions but release them in small batches, and identify important tradeoffs and negotiate them.
- Domain Expertise - Demonstrated track record of domain expertise including understanding technical concepts necessary to do the job effectively and aware of industry trends, demonstrate willingness, cooperation, and concern for business issues and priorities, and possess in depth knowledge of immediate systems worked on and some knowledge of adjacent systems.
- Problem Solving - Strong problem solver who ensures solutions are built for the long term, is able to resolve new issues, recognizes mistakes using them as learning and teaching opportunities and consistently breaks down large problems into smaller, more manageable ones.
- Communication - Strong communicator who possesses the ability to articulate information clearly and concisely with the business, document work in a clear, easy to follow manner, collaborate well with team members as both a mentor and mentee, take in vague requirements and ask the right questions to ensure clarification, offer feedback appropriately and effectively, seek out and receives constructive criticism well, listen when others are speaking and make space for colleagues to share their thoughts.
- Leadership - Intermediate leadership skills with the ability to help create a safe environment for others to learn and grow as engineers and a proven track record of self-motivation in identifying opportunities and tracking team efforts.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email
so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/