Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.Responsibilities
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Completes assignments designed to ensure the security of the organization's systems and information assets.
- Demonstrated expertise using information security technical tools and supporting multiple security products
- Able to draw on research and experience to resolve complex security problems across multiple products or platforms
- Able to plan and organize basic information security projects and contributes to team planning.
- Responsible for good decision-making regarding confidentiality, system protection, and incident notification in situations without defined operating procedures.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline strongly preferred, but consideration may be given to an exceptional candidate with 6 years relevant experience.
- At least 2 years relevant work experience required.
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), Certified Ethical Hacker, or Security+ certification strongly preferred
*This job may be modified upward based on the qualifications of the candidate
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
- Protect systems against unauthorized access, modification, or destruction.
- Works with end users to determine needs of individual departments including system clarifications and requirements
- Implements policies or procedures.
- Tracks compliance throughout the organization.
- Maintain appropriate security records and update as needed.
- Configures and maintains access system.
- Strong commitment to continuous education and cyber security education.
- Good analytical, verbal and written skills required
- Participate in or lead continuous improvement events
- Maintain company confidentiality
- Write system and process documentation
- Willingness to work outside standard business hours to resolves issues or complete special projects
- Provide user support for Altec associates via phone, email and in person
- Track and maintain constant communication with the customer from the beginning to the end of any established case, issue, or concern
- Remain highly adaptable
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be willing to travel as needed to perform job duties up to 35%
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment InsuranceEEO Statement
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.