Kforce is immediately adding a full-time Software Test Engineer to our team to support our enterprise technology development client in Austin, TX.
The Software Test Engineer will be a direct member of the team working in a lab environment. Day to day responsibilities are to build and test customized Dell server solutions for end customers. The Software Test Engineer will be responsible for developing and executing test plans to validate a suite of Data Center Diagnostics Tools. Work is extremely varied and fast paced.
* Software Test Engineer will work closely with local and remote software development engineers and services engineers to understand the product requirements and ensure that they are met with high quality
* Prepare manual testing materials in preparation for test execution
* As a Software Test Engineer, you will raise defects as per agreed process
* Significant experience with troubleshooting hardware issues in a Linux environment
* Understanding of enterprise server architecture, especially storage controllers
* Ability to multitask
* PC Architecture experience (VMware and Linux)
* Understand validation specifications and procedures for new and changes to existing products
* Ideal candidate should have strong system level and product level knowledge, White Box testing
* Must be able to work independently
Benefit to have:
* Python coding experience
* Networking basic skills
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.