Technology Services Group (TSG) is our central infrastructure services group for BNY Mellon. We are the technology enabler for the business. We provide a strong, resilient, and stable platform to host and enable business innovation/growth in our lines of business and global locations.
As part of TSG, our Mainframe Services team delivers 24x7x365-capable infrastructure supporting critical applications across the bank
Our Program Products team works closely with other systems areas including CICS, DB2, and the Mainframe Operating Systems area to install IBM and OEM vendor products in support of organizational and company needs. We ensure installed software is maintained at supported levels, upgrading/updating as required, and remains compatible with other systems software products.
We are seeking a Mainframe Systems Support Specialist. You will install, maintain, and support IBM Mainframe Systems software in support of current operating systems release levels along with other vendor products supporting organizational and corporate needs. You would work as part of a small 10 member team both individually and part of a group to meet overall goals.
• Install, support, and maintain IBM and OEM Mainframe Vendor Software
• Work individually and as part of larger teams to provide support and configuration changes as required
• Update and maintain Security definitions for systems software on RACF, ACF2, and Top Secret based operating systems
• Research software update requirements in support of Z/os operating systems and hardware upgrades
• Periodic off-hours support is required to support software maintenance and system update checkouts
• Support various types of Disaster Recovery Tests and Fail Over and Stay exercises to remote systems.
Designs, implements, integrates, and provides full support for software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Researches the appropriate system software to meet corporate standards and objectives for system performance. May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project. Formulates plans to meet system objectives for the corporation; works in all phases of system analysis, implementation measurement, and reporting. Oversees software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Analyzes user hardware and software needs and recommends upgrades or new purchases. Installs, configures, and develops middleware utility programs and related distributed system software on multiple mainframe/distributed hardware/software environments. Leads the middleware team in providing more complex on-site and on-call support through analysis and research. Collaborates and consults with application development teams to determine platform selection, efficient transaction design, and use. Communicates both formally and informally with customers and end users. Reviews new/modified file transmission requests submitted by all internal business partners at BNY Mellon. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred 6 - 8 years of related infrastructure experience required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred 6 - 8 years of related infrastructure experience required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
• Working knowledge of IBM Z Series hardware and the z/OS or MVS operating systems including use of TSO and JCL.
• Working knowledge of select IBM and OEM mainframe vendor related software including, CA Broadcom, BMC, and many others
• Working knowledge of RACF, ACF2 and/or Top Secret Security IBM Mainframe security software
• Experience Installing, supporting, and maintaining OEM and IBM Mainframe Systems Support Software including release upgrades, periodic maintenance, and software fixes.
• Experience installing and supporting OEM vendor software
• Training or equivalent of IBM SMP/E software
• Training or equivalent using IBM O/MVS and Unix Systems Services (USS) software
• Assembler programming experience desired but not required