BNY Mellon Treasury Services is comprised of best-in-class services processing several trillion dollars a day supporting most top tier global banks and institutions. Treasury Services organization has embarked on a journey to re-engineer our platforms to stay ahead of our clients- demands.
At BNY, the technology group works in partnership with the business and other technology groups to continue to enhance our offerings and improve the client experience. BNY-s significant investment in technology results in new and forward-thinking solutions that are scalable and resilient.
Looking for a hands-on Senior Developer for our Smart Pay Global (SPG) platform. At the core of SPG is the VolPay vendor product from Volante. We are looking for exceptional and creative architect and developer for our agile Team. The attributes we are looking for are solid communication, a firm foundation in software fundamentals and a strong personal initiative; should be a self-starter as well as a good mentor to the Team. You must be self-driven, inquisitive and take ownership in a high-pressure and dynamic environment. Job Requirements
- Lead a Technical Team supporting a vendor product, as well as other in-house built applications/utilities
- Work closely with the Senior IT Management, Product and Operations teams to understand their needs and provide appropriate guidance, direction, and communication.
- Work with the Vendor on requirements, release planning and issue resolution
- Excellent communication and analytical skills are a MUST
- Experience in developing and Supporting real-time, multi-threaded applications
- Solid knowledge of Devops and tools development
- Troubleshooting using AppDynamics, Splunk like tools
- Ability to write clean and optimized code and do code reviews for same
- Ability to design for scalability and performance
- Practical knowledge of a scripting language like Perl or Python
- Experience with RDMS database, Kafka, and Message Queue
- Experience with test driven development
Knowledge of the following technologies
- Hands-on Technology Lead experience (preferably in Financial Services industry with payments or trade systems)
- Job holder must personally demonstrate accountability and responsibility.
- S/he must have extensive experience with developing for major impact and high-visibility projects.
- Hands on development working in very strong technical team.
- Self-learner and a strong team player
- Core Java, Spring, Camel
- Linux ,Unix Scripting
- Oracle Database
- RESTful Web Services
- Cloud computing experience a plus
- Experience with SWIFT messages
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 7-9 years of experience in software development required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. Job holder must have understanding interdependencies and business impact of future IT plans. S/he must have prior lead experience selecting and implementing vendor-specific methodologies and prior consulting experience with structured methodologies. Extensive experience with developing and supporting mainframe applications required. Job holder must have broad experience with multi-platform development tools and toolkits.