The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves. We remain committed to maintaining a safe environment for hiring as we look forward to the future of work. Click here for information on Aerospace's COVID-19 directives and safety procedures implemented to keep our workplace safe.
Aerospace's Strategic and Global Awareness Directorate (Project West Wing) provides technical intelligence analysis and research for a broad range of national security space and intelligence community customers. Our team works to provide unique, timely, and independent assessments and counsel pertaining to current and future threats to the use of space as well as the effectiveness of strategic deterrents.
Actively contribute to an elite, high-performing team bringing technical skills to bear to characterize the fast-moving field of international space technologies and their implications to U.S. National Security Space. Participate in a wide range of technical activities, work with technical intelligence, analyze threats to space programs, and influence customer decisions on important National Security Space topics. The potential exists to develop your own areas of expertise and specialization in the analysis of space and missile systems.What You'll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
- Conduct technical analyses of current U.S. and foreign technology developments related to space and missile systems
- Oversee a broad well-established portfolio of technology assessments for multiple customers
- Identify short- and long-term technical challenges for a diverse customer base, including the USAF, the intelligence community, and other government and commercial customers
- Assess the potential impact of current worldwide technology developments in space, counterspace activities, missiles and anti-missiles on U.S. national security
- Identify new areas of concern in emerging space and missile technologies and proactively develop recommendations for further global data collection and investigation
- Interface with key customers, give community briefings, and support international meetings
- Develop customer relationships and prepare technical reports, briefings, and other materials as required
- Some travel will be required (post-pandemic) for coordination with Aerospace/PWW personnel and U.S. Government agencies throughout the country. International travel is possible.
How You Can Stand Out
- A Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, or Mathematics is required.
- Ten years work experience with technologies relevant to space and launch and a background in space systems engineering and/or general physics
- A strong and broad interest in, and enthusiasm for, technologies related to space and missile systems
- Superior written and oral communication skills in English, an ability to work well with other analysts, and the ability to communicate well with senior military and civilian customers
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to manage multiple lines of work simultaneously
- Prior experience and familiarity with USAF and IC customers is desirable
- Should enjoy working with and leading a small core team and interacting with experts broadly across the Corporation
- Must have, or be eligible for, TOP SECRET clearance and SCI access
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- An advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- Reading comprehension and translation skills in selected foreign languages is of interest
- A broad understanding EO and RF phenomenologies and sensor systems is desirable
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation. Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com . You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .