HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please click the “Apply Now” button. Applications submitted without a resume will not be accepted.
The FBI’s Applications and Data Division is looking for dedicated technologists to help us face some of the nation’s toughest challenges. As an FBI Information Security Engineer, you will work on application system designs and architecture plans to embed security into development, testing and deployments across the development lifecycle; provide in-depth analysis of suspected malicious code and/or infected systems within network devices; and evaluate cryptography choice and implementation. This role also entails performing necessary maintenance and inspection, as well as developing recommendations to counter potential risks. If helping the FBI stay ahead of threats by delivering on the potential of software and data sounds like the right fit for you, join our mission.
- Salary is commensurate to experience and location.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
- Meet the FBI’s Employment Eligibility requirements.
- Must be in compliance with the FBI Employment Drug Policy.
- Must never have been convicted of a felony.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
- All candidates must have a bachelor’s degree or higher from a U.S.-accredited college or university.
All degrees must be verified by submitting college transcripts.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of security policy advocated by the U.S. government, including the Department of Defense (DoD) and appropriate civil agencies (such as NIST).
- Experience with INFOSEC technology, policy, procedure development and implementation on major industry and government programs/efforts.
- Strong knowledge of technology and security topics including network security, application security, infrastructure hardening, security baselines and web server and database security.
- Experience in security architecture of modern cloud technologies, including multi-tenancy, containerization/virtualization and automation services.
- Some experience with application test methodologies, automating application security testing and the strengths/weaknesses of test automation.
- Experience with at least one or more of Java, Python, C++ and Ruby.
- Experience in applying static and/or dynamic analysis in application testing.
- The ability to evaluate cryptography choice and implementation.
- The ability to communicate technical security concepts to diverse audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- General experience in the development of both common-user and special-purpose, command-and-control information systems, with increasing responsibilities in the scope and magnitude of the systems for which solutions have been implemented.