The Cyber Security Analyst IV maintains the computer and information security incident, damage, and threat assessment programs and leads efforts that identifies and resolves potential security breaches and vulnerabilities; manages audits, in collaboration with other IT staff, to determine system configurations that ensure compliance with information security policies and guidelines; Leads cross divisional project teams to implement organization wide cyber security enhancements. Provides oversight and mentoring or junior and mid-level analyst.
Manage and Lead Information Security Monitoring/Testing
- Monitors and analyzes information security alerts from network devices and information systems
- Responds and/or directs the response to information security incidents
- Analyzes indicators of compromise for use in detection
- Assesses risk posture of information systems
- Collaborates with industry and government sponsors on new threat indicators
Manage and Lead Incident Response Teams (IRT)
- Forensic analysis of information systems and portable devices
- Malware analyses on Trojans, virus, and malicious code
- Forensic recovery of data using industry tools
- Behavioral analysis of malware to provide indicators for monitoring
Plan and Lead Information System Security Evaluation and Hardening
- Evaluates new information security technologies
- Configures and implement information security technologies
- Validates system hardening and provides guidance for security configuration
- Manages vendor deliverables and performance
Leads Information Security Training and Projects
- Develops and conducts employee awareness training for relevant information security trends
- Recommends tools and techniques to protect IDA information assets
- Manages and/or contributes to information technology projects
Performs other duties as assigned
- Master's Degree (preferred) or Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer security, or related discipline or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Ten years of experience in Information Technology which includes at least seven years of experience in cyber security.
- Possesses or able to obtain within six months an information security certification commensurate with DoD Instruction 8570 (including but not limited to ISC2 CISSP or SANS GSLC) preferred.
- Experience with NIST 800-53 and certification and accreditation of Department of Defense and government computer systems.
- Extensive experience with a variety of vulnerability scanners, monitoring, auditing and intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, and forensic or incident response actions.
- Solid experience integrating multiple facets of cyber security into a comprehensive program that includes incident handling, threat indicators, tools tactics and procedures, and identification of internet and computer based threats.
- Solid experience working in IT or Cyber Security projects and managing project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of employees.
- Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate security clearance. #ITatIDA
U.S. Citizenship is required
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
IDA is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a fair recruiting process and working environment free from discrimination. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more about IDA's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.