Solution Architect - Cloud ApplicationDo you have a passion for solving tough business problems and coming up with innovative cloud-based solutions? Do you enjoy working with a diverse team of professionals and help driving to a successful outcome that excites our customers. Does it excite you to explain application architectures, integration and performance aspects to team-members and customer alike?Work you'll do
Deloitte Innovations & Platforms is looking for a Solution Architect to help our teams to build cloud-based applications that excite our customers. You will shape and deliver on our asset strategy by performing the following tasks:
- Work with stakeholders to understand business challenges and opportunities, evaluate feasibility of requirements, determine priorities and come up with application architecture options and a technical roadmap.
- Make high level design choices for the software structure, frameworks, protocols, and algorithms.
- Evaluate different suitable technology options and if applicable existing solutions. Provide leadership to make prudent choices.
- Support and coach your team on best coding practices, development tools, and pathfinding and surveys for technologies.
- Get hands-on and support your team in the implementation of complex business logic and algorithms.
- Consistently strive to acquire new skills on Cloud, DevOps, Big Data, AI and ML technologies.
- Think towards creating container-based applications, (Kubernetes, Docker), strive for full automated solutions.
- Ensure SDLC best practices and standards are followed
Offering customer-tailored services and deep industry insights, at Deloitte Consulting LLP we help clients tackle their most complex challenges enabling them to seize new growth opportunities, reduce costs, improve efficiencies and stay ahead of customer demand. Developing and executing our clients' strategic vision, we help them dramatically improve their business performance across a broad range of specialties - enterprise model design, global business services, outsourcing, real estate, and location strategy.
Our Deloitte Innovations and Platforms teams are working on delivering innovative cloud-based solutions across a range of domains and industries (e.g. supply chain management, banking/insurance, CPG, retail, etc.).
It is a fast-paced, innovative, and exciting environment. Our teams are following an agile development approach and work with the latest technologies across a wide range of cloud technologies, commercial options, and open source. We are building and bringing solutions to market which we are hosting and operating for our clients.
Learn more about our Business Model Transformation practice .Qualifications
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Information Technology or similar field
- 7+ years of technology experience in an enterprises or web scale product company
- 2+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of cloud technologies and platforms.
- Excellent communication and analytics skills. Comfortable in communicating with executives.
- Deep Experience in building products/solutions/assets using cloud-based platforms. Ability to build applications using cloud native services/technologies is required.
- Deep Experience in designing and building distributed applications
- Hands on Experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with AWS services and/or Google Cloud Platform or similar.
- Ability to understand and abstract requirements and identify right technologies for building prototypes
- General business knowledge in a domain / industry (e.g. demand planning / forecasting, financials, etc.)
- Solid experience in SDLC practices and tools (DevOps)
- Experience with shell scripting or comparable experience
- Knowledge on Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Chef
- Knowledge of RPA tools and capabilities
- Preferred Certifications in one or more leading cloud providers: GCP, AWS (e.g. AWS Solution Architect) would be a plus
*Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.