Job Title: Data Engineer
Location: Houston, TXSummary:
We are looking for a highly proficient Data Engineer to join Business Intelligence team who is responsible for design, implementation and support of BI initiatives. Ideally a candidate with 3-5 years of overall experience and 1+ years of experience in Python. If you are someone who is a quick learner and would like to grow with a company- this is the job for you. The ideal candidate must possess expertise in data warehousing methodologies, dimensional modeling and bring best practices in relation to ETL, data quality and governance.Responsibilities:
- Deep understanding and experience in data architecture, data modeling and metadata.
- Design, implement, optimize, and support new and existing data models and reporting solutions
- Partner with internal stakeholders to understand business requirements, work with cross functional data teams to build efficient and scalable solutions
- Connect and analyze data from multiple sources to create dynamic reports, dashboards to help business get better insight and can make informed decisions backed by data
- Prepare and transform data to a usable state for analytics team.
- Experience with implementing data pipelines sourced from WEB APIs
- Document and maintain source to target mappings and data lineage.
- Ability to ask the right questions and have good communication skills.
About Matlen Silver
- Bachelors (with 4+ years of experience) or Masters (with 2+ years of experience) in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field/equivalent experience
- Experience in building modern data platforms using traditional data warehouses and Big data platforms.
- Experience working with large datasets
- Experience working with relational databases like Oracle and with NO-SQL/Big data like Hadoop/Hive/HBase
- Deep expertise with OLAP design, dimensional modeling and data quality
- Expertise in Python programing and SQL/PL-SQL development
- Experience with AWS components and services.
- Experience working with data visualization tools like Tableau/ Spotfire.
- Knowledge of SAS based systems like Salesforce.
- Good understanding of Adobe and Google analytics
Matlen Silver is the hardest working staffing team in the U.S. We do what we know is right for our
consultants and clients, creating a unique and powerful recruiting and talent experience. When the
rubber meets the road, Matlen Silver is the powerhouse that cuts through the nonsense and gets
you the job you want and deserve. If you are a rock star go-getter with a proven track record of
success, put us to the test!