Riverside Research is seeking a creative Software Engineer to support implementing a new GUI for physics-based antenna design and analysis. This individual will work with a small team of computational physics experts and graphical user interface (GUI) developers in an Agile environment to build a Qt interface in C++, utilizing domain knowledge to aid the user in defining simulation parameters. This individual will also develop 3D visualizations of the antenna mesh, its material attributions, and simulation results using the Visualization Tool Kit (VTK), and develop 2D visualizations of the results through Python's Matplotlib package. This position offers the enviable opportunity of developing a new application to be utilized by a large community of engineers solving novel problems.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship. Job Responsibilities
- In collaboration with a team, develop the graphical user interface (GUI) for a computational electromagnetics (CEM) software product in C++ and Python
- Support all phases of the software development lifecycle: requirements collection, planning, design, implementation, and testing.
- Interface with expert users to understand their needs
- Apply User Experience (UX) best-practices to improve the usability of the software
- Develop collaborative relationship with Government customer and other mission partners
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, Math, Physics or a related field. Relevant years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 3-5 years of C++ programming experience in a Linux environment
- At least one of the following:
- Experience developing and/or using computer-simulated physics models from electromagnetics, acoustics, fluid dynamics, or similar
- Basic understanding of radio-frequency, mm wave, IR, and/or optical systems
- Experience developing graphical user interfaces (GUIs) in Qt, GTK+, WinUI or similar
- Experience performing data-analysis using Python
- Data-visualization using OpenGL- or Vulkan-based 3D visualization systems such as VTK
- 3-5 years of C++ programming experience in a Windows environment
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
Riverside Research remains committed to the safety of our employees and customers. Under Executive Order 14042, effective January 4, 2022, all Riverside Research employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Fully vaccinated means at least two weeks after the final shot in the required timing and dosage. Riverside Research will grant reasonable accommodation to those where a medical or religious exemption has been approved by the company. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated by January 4, 2022, unless an approved accommodation has been granted by Riverside Research. All new hires starting after January 4, 2022 must be fully vaccinated by their start date.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check. Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: