Each day our client oversees the massive flow of people, capital, and products that enter and depart the United States via air, land, sea, and cyberspace. Creoal, as a trusted mission partner of the client, seeks capable, qualified, and versatile Front-end Java Developers to facilitate data-driven decision-making in response to national security threats.
Front-end Java Developers play a key leadership role on multidisciplinary teams, providing crucial insight on front-end development, user interfaces, and user experience. Developers must also model behaviors supporting the acquisition of new skills and enhanced understanding and fostering the same attitude in their colleagues in both technical and mission understanding.
Within three to six months of joining the project, the Front-end Java Developer will be expected to:
- Perform development and maintenance of end-user-focused, object-oriented, data-driven analytic applications to support client threat analysis and targeting
- Drive the development of the client Common Framework-compliant UI/UX to promote clear, consistent, and simple-to-use interfaces for developed applications
- Support building complementary job aids and tutorials for mission-facing field users
- Perform server-side application integration, deployment, and operations support
- Develop new code, modify existing application code, conduct unit, and system testing, and engage in rigorous documentation of developed and delivered application use cases, data flows, and functional operations
- Demonstrate a strong practical understanding of application-relevant cargo and passenger data used to support analytic application development, functionality, and targeting end-user (officer) operation
- Actively participate in formal and informal design reviews, solution sessions, and project milestone meetings as well as contribute to project document artifacts for presentation to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Collaborate and integrate with project portfolio teams as a matrixed resource to provide development expertise in collaboration
Applicants should note that while some formal training exists to support building knowledge of missions and the implementation of data-driven solutions, much of the knowledge must be gained through on-the-job training and individual initiative. We seek self-starters who are capable of independent exploration and knowledge acquisition, willing to develop informal support networks and have an appreciation for the immense challenge of safeguarding the Nation’s borders.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field with 5+ years of technical experience
- Experience with React-Redux
- Experience with Front-end Build Tools such as Webpack, Gulp, or Node Package Manager (NPM)
- Hands-on experience with web/application servers (e.g., Tomcat, WildFly, WebLogic)
- Experience developing solutions via Amazon Web Services (e.g., AWS EC2, RDS, S3)
- High level of self-motivation, desire to deliver stellar solutions, and willingness to work in a distributed team environment
- Ability to lead and mentor junior-level developers
- Software Configuration Management (SCM) using Git
- Hands-on experience with one or more relational database systems (e.g., Oracle, MySQL, Postgres)
- Hands-on experience with SQL
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools such as Jira, BitBucket, and Bamboo
- Experience executing continuous integration with Jenkins or Bamboo
- Agile Scrum participation
Selected applicants are able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Background Investigation.
Creoal Consulting wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Creoal Consulting is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.