Full Stack Developer Location:
Rockville, MD Summary:
Apex Systems is looking for a Full Stack Developer to join a client in the financial industry. The client is a leading regulatory authority, with multi-tied applications on the cloud (AWS). The position is on a long-term contract basis, offering competitive compensation. Successful candidates will be strong software developers (Java, SQL, Angular, AWS), with high level knowledge of Spring, RDBMS & REST, in an Agile environment. Responsibilities:
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios.
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies.
- Develop solutions that are highly available, durable, scalable, and cost efficient.
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community.
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline with at least six (6) years of work experience
- Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, databases and operating systems.
- 5+ years of experience in Java/J2EE, databases and Web/Application Servers
- Significant experience developing and delivering solutions in AWS
- Experience in UI/Web technologies
- Knowledge or experience with Big data, Machine Learning technologies and analytic frameworks would be an added advantage
- Any experience with agile development methodology would be an added advantage
- Any certifications (Java/AWS) would be an added advantages
Tools and Technologies:
- Java & J2EE, Spring, Spring Boot, REST API,
- Weblogic, Tomcat, Websphere and JBoss
- Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL (Aurora) and NoSQL databases, DynamoDB, MongoDB
- AWS: EC2, EMR, RDS, S3, SQS, SNS, Lambda, AMI, VPC, Auto Scaling groups, Security Groups, Cloud Front, Route 53, CI/CD Pipeline, etc...
- Containerization frameworks and tools: Docker, etc...
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or