QBurst Technologies is looking for a Scrum Master / Software Technical Project Manager (TPM) in Lake Forest, CA.
Kindly take a look at the below job desciption and let me know your interest with your updated resume for the further processings.
The Scrum Master / Software Technical Project Manager (TPM) is a key member of the Engineering team leading development efforts for the ecosystem of Consumer Smart Locks which includes Cloud, Mobile Apps, Embedded Software (Firmware), and Hardware Devices (Smart Locks). You will be working on our existing AWS cloud IoT Application in developing new Smart Locks and sustaining existing ones. As the Software TPM, you will work closely with the Product Managers, Engineering Managers, Developers, Test Engineers and others to deliver software releases to meet overall project plans. You will also be working with internal and external team members. You will have to balance managing new products and products that are already in market.
The ideal candidate is someone who started their career as a software developer and continued to gain different types of software engineering experience in technologies, tools and processes. At some point, the candidate was a solution architect, Scrum Master, software lead and mentor to other. Eventually, the candidate has moved into software technical project management and/or program management.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Take end to end ownership and accountability of establishing software development, test and release processes for successful delivery of the Smart Lock IoT solutions (cloud, mobile apps, firmware and HW integration).
- Take the role of agile Scrum Master and facilitate discussions and conflict resolution and enable the exploration of alternatives or different approaches & ensure no impact on the delivery of projects.
- Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, backlog grooming, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Coach and mentor team members on agile standards and best practices; ensure consistent best practices are applied across the work streams.
- Manage stakeholders and partner interfaces as required for technical delivery and report on project progress & activities.
- Work closely with stakeholders to plan projects, features, release candidates and schedule while driving execution.
- Provide sound technical leadership and guidance for the solution/architecture/technical choice points, conduct design/code reviews as needed and engage in problem solving
- Responsible for the overall delivery of the high quality software solution - Cloud, Mobile, Embedded Software – from internal and external partners.
- Manage all software engagements and set expectations with internal and external development partners
- Ensure adherence to aligned development, execution and testing processes by relevant monitoring and reporting tools and methodologies
- Support planning new features and products roadmaps along with overall estimates of scope and budget.
- Report project status, challenges, risks and potential solutions with internal and external teams and different levels of the organization both technical and non-technical audiences.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as required by supervisor.
Education and Experience Profile
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 5+ years of software project management experience and/or Scrum Master
- Understanding of the complexity in IOT, bugs and problems could be from cloud, hardware, firmware, mobile and/or environment.
- Hands on experience managing projects with IoT Ecosystem and Platforms for Consumer and/or Industrial domains as a software project manager or scrum master
- Software Project Management experience delivering scalable software for consumer IoT projects or related products lines
- Experience managing projects with firmware, mobile applications, cloud and hardware projects.
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycles: agile/waterfall/mixed delivery projects
- Experience with software agile processes, version controls, testing and defect tracking management
- Demonstrated experience delivering software projects successfully and managing concurrent projects, constraints and dependencies
- Demonstrated experiences as a software developer/lead with increasing responsibilities over time
- Ability to engage, lead and work with internal and 3rd party developers on-shore and off-shore
- Strong communication skills both written and oral and able to cater message to different technical or non-technical audiences
- Strong sense of urgency and ownership.
- Passionate, flexible, collaborative, works independently, sets own goals and has a “can-do” positive attitude
- Excellent documentation practices
- Some travel is required
Additional Desired Skills
- Experience as a people manager with different disciplines
- Exposure to functional, integration and unit testing
- Familiar with hardware or embedded firmware and cloud or mobile dependencies.
- Experience designing and developing systems that integrate data from third-party applications using available APIs
Manu Jerome - Talent Acquisition