What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We are consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Our Public Sector business provides a suite of mission-critical solutions to help U.S. federal, state and local government agencies manage risk and reduce costs. The competitiveness and complexity of consumer engagement continues to be a challenge in these markets and we're looking for someone to help us grow our global fraud solutions to help our customers fight identity fraud and establish trust with good consumers.
This role will work across all phases of the product life cycle, from inception through introduction into the marketplace, management and retirement, working closely with Product Development, Operations, cross-functional support, and other go-to-market teams.
Come be a part of our team - you'll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.What You'll Bring:
Impact You'll Make:
- 7+ years of product management experience with demonstrated skill leveraging market-back product strategies grounded in VOC
- Experience defining business requirements and developing product roadmaps for data and/or technical solutions in a B2B environment
- Proven ability to create compelling and effective communication, cross-functionally and at all levels, for internal and external audiences
- Effective analytical and quantitative skills with fiscal analysis experience
- Prior success leading and collaborating with cross-functional product teams within an Agile environment
- Strong collaborator with a problem-solving, design-thinking, and customer-centric mind-set
- Exudes accountability, ownership and a passion about the problem their products solve
- Solid understanding and experience with identity, authentication, and fraud solutions and principles
- Prior experience working with federal, state and/or local government agencies
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance a nice to have
- End-to-end responsibility covering product business requirements definition, use case prioritization, commercialization, GTM planning, and ongoing product health and maintenance
- Apply a commercial, user-centric mindset to build robust roadmaps that drive commercially successful solutions which achieve broad adoption within identified segments and meet/exceed revenue and profitability targets
- Spend time with clients capturing VOC and applying design thinking principles to understand their problems and needs
- Work with product development teams to write comprehensive product epics, define solution intent and determine high-level capabilities
- Develop business cases and advocate for investment as needed, which includes partnering with Market (revenue) and IT (investment) teams
- Lead cross-functional teams and ensure alignment across all stakeholder groups
- Ensures the successful roll-out of new products to Market & Sales teams and supports the development and delivery of comprehensive product training
- Serve as a thought leader and evangelist for both external and internal audiences
- Monitors, analyzes and reports on product adoption, financials, KPIs, customer feedback, and the competitive landscape to identify gaps, weaknesses and opportunities in any part of product delivery
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Advisor, Product Management