One of Merritt Technical Associates direct financial client is looking for a hands on Technical Manager with prior Java experience.
The data team is looking for a hands-on Technical Manager to lead, mentor and develop a high-performing team Java Engineers and enable excellent team work.
- Develop, champion and execute a strategic target state architecture for stewarded data processing, pipeline execution, and data processing by bringing fresh ideas and innovation to a constantly evolving landscape of opportunity
- Take ownership for the overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects
- Ensure product delivery is of a high quality with each and every release
- Translate complex business and functional requirements into technical designs
- Work closely with TRP Business Partners to define product roadmaps and ensure that software development efforts are aligned to strategic business priorities
- Ability to lead, delegate, motivate, and support resources to achieve high delivery demands, maintain high standards, develop others, and create an environment where people can innovate and do their best work
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders, mobilize and motivate teams, set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with grace, and execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Demonstrable passion for technology, innovation and quality with a craftsman-like approach to building software
- Enthusiastic embrace of DevOps culture and collaborative software engineering
- Ability to apply acquired knowledge from prior experience in new and complex situations
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Confident communicator with demonstrable ability to argue a point concisely and deal positively with conflicting viewpoints.
- BS/BA degree and 5+ years of related work experience required.
- Documented experience managing Java application developers
- Effectively develops and communicates a business/technology approach to solve business needs
- Capable of leading a team through creative solutions as appropriate
- Prior experience leading a team of software developers and business analysts.
- Ability to work well with people with varying technical abilities
- Ability to translate technical concepts into non-technical terms
- Ability to manage medium to complex product development projects
- Demonstrated successful mastery of major components of the solutions lifecycle development methodology in the context of major systems implementations
- Prior experience executing project discovery and investigation, including development of a Cost-Benefit Analysis for a project of moderate size
- Must be able to meet with clients of varying levels
- Demonstrated high level of analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Extensive experience with process re-engineering
- Mastery of testing concepts and skilled in managing system testing initiatives
- BS degree in computer science or a closely related technical field is preferred
- 7+ years of technology work experience including 3 years of people management experience
- Prior Java Development experience strongly preferred
- Prior project experience involving development of RESTful / SOAP Web Services
- Experience with migrating on-prem projects to AWS is a plus
- Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions preferred
- Experience in the Financial Services Industry preferred
- Experience using project methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques
- Experience with MS Visio
- Technical and/or industry certifications are a plus
Candidates must be able to interview in person in Maryland. No Skype interviews.
This role is a RIGHT TO HIRE role.