Validation Engineer/ Sr Staff Validation engineer/Staff Validation Engineer Full Time/Direct Hire with Leading Multinational Company
Onsite: Kirkland, WA 98034 (Onsite role)
Experience: 1+ yrs to 10+ yrs
Note: Looking for more hardware + software validation vs software + application.
About the Role
In this position, the Sr. Validation Engineer will serve as a technical contributor to validation of custom compute and storage data center platforms. The Sr Validation Engineer will be working in a cross functional team to execute test plans which will verify product functionality, adherence to specifications and product requirements; including software stack and use case testing. The Sr Validation Engineer will assist in test specifications, requirements, strategies and methodologies for hardware, firmware, and software stack validation.
What You Will Do
· Execute validation test plans and track, document, and summarize test results.
· Work with the team to perform internal server research & development hardware validation support.
· Analyze and contribute to improving and enhancing test plans and scripts.
· Work in close collaboration with build technicians to ensure systems are built, configured, and prepared correctly for testing.
· Work with other team members to ensure new products and hardware are appropriately base lined before testing commences.
What you Bring
· BSEE or similar technical degree
· 1-4 years of System Validation experience.
· Relevant experience including knowledge of Windows OS and using Windows event logs and Windows Event Viewer.
· Basic understanding of Unix/Linux and developing Microsoft Windows and PowerShell scripts.
· Prefer exposure with datacenter and server virtualization (VMware ESX, XEN, Hyper-V, etc.).
· Working with bring ups, debugging and testing.
· Working knowledge of the latest server & storage architecture and components.
· Working knowledge of modern computer architecture and usage models including AMD and Client processors, GPU Acceleration, BMC, BIOS, PCIe, DDR4, SATA, USB, HDMI, NVMe etc.
· Working knowledge of standard server/workstation hardware, storage arrays, storage networking, networking protocols, and general connectivity in multi-platform enterprise environments.
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills; ability to work successfully in cross functional teams and multiple levels of both management and customer contacts.