What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We are consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team - you'll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.What You'll Bring:
Director of Network Security is a crucial leadership role within TransUnion's Information Security organization, reporting to the global Vice President of Security Engineering and Architecture. This role is responsible for all aspects of our Network Security technology stack, from definition of strategy and creation of roadmaps to execution and delivery of all Network Security related products and services.
We'd Love to See:
- 5+ years of Information Security / Cyber experience
- 5+ years of strong hands-on engineering experience in Network and Network Security space, to include Data Center and public Cloud.
- 5+ years of experience designing, delivering, and supporting large scale, distributed implementations.
- 3-4 years of designing and delivering security solutions in an environment that embraces DevOps and IaC concepts and common technologies, with a focus on pipeline security automation (DevSecOps).
- 2-3 years successfully delivering in an Agile environment, working closely with Product Owners and customers.
- Demonstrated experience in deploying and operating highly resilient, scalable in-line technologies that have significant business impact in the event of failure.
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Strong organizational, oral communication and project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Modern engineering, full stack mindset (IaC, API-driven interaction, automation of service delivery, fully performance telemetry, etc.), with strong background of delivering and supporting a combination of vendor and open source solutions.
- Proven track record of delivering and maintain highly distributed solutions at global scale.
- Ability to straddle and deliver in traditional/legacy (Data Center, physical infrastructure) and modern/next-gen (Cloud, IaaS, DevSecOps) technology constructs simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience in implementation of security components in public cloud, utilizing IaC and CI/CD practices.
Impact You'll Make:
- Affinity for optimization and desire to continuously improve services through automation of technology and traditionally manual processes.
- Strong comfort level with emerging technologies and keenness to prototype new ways to getting results
- Technology agnostic approach, bringing to bear what is needed to achieve the desired outcome.
- Lead teams of engineers (each with a manager) with full stack accountability for technologies utilized to deliver Network Security services globally, in on-premises and public cloud environments (AWS, Azure).
- Drive or inform technology direction based on security requirements and business needs, including buy vs. build decisions.
- Manage and execute delivery against product and project roadmaps.
- Partner closely with Security Architecture to ensure alignment between security control frameworks, deployed technologies, and desired vs achieved outcomes.
- Engage proactively with key stakeholders and partners outside of Security, including IT and Network, to understand technology direction and align security capabilities accordingly.
- As a thought leader, actively participate in strategic discussions with Information Security and other Technology leaders, including from Enterprise Architecture, Network, and Infrastructure areas.
- Contribute to and own components, where appropriate, of multi-year capability and technology roadmaps.
- Provide strong talent management, including timely and meaningful performance feedback, annual reviews, and talent assessment/succession planning exercises.
- Lead and mentor team members, including coaching junior engineers and architects.
- Stay up to date on new tools & techniques and act as driver of innovation into InfoSec and IT.
- Interface with regulatory and compliance bodies, internal and external, to represent Network Security technologies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Director, Infosec Engineering