Description Job Description:
Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries.
DC3's mission is to deliver superior D/MM lab services, cyber technical training, technical solutions development, and cyber analytics for the following DoD mission areas: information assurance (IA) and critical infrastructure protection (CIP), law enforcement and counterintelligence (LE/CI), document and media exploitation (DOMEX), and counterterrorism (CT).
Located in Linthicum, Maryland, DC3 components serve the DoD and other U.S. Federal agencies throughout the world. The DC3 organization consists of a mix of military, civilian, and contractor support personnel. The DC3 environment is dynamic and constantly evolving which contributes to priorities frequently changing.
Leidos is seeking a highly qualified candidate for this Key Personnel position for the DC3-DCFL Contract. This is a leadership position supporting the DC3 Computer Forensics Laboratory (CFL). The CFL supports Digital Multi-Media (D/MM) forensic examinations, device repair, data extraction, and expert testimony for DoD agencies Support intrusion and malware analysis. This position will be co-located with the DC3-DCFL customer in Linthicum, MD. This is a full time position that must work at the customer location and no telework is allowed.Primary Responsibilities
This candidate will have overall Technical and Supervisory responsibilities for the Data Imaging and Extraction (I&E) component of the CFL, reporting directly to the DC3-DCFL Program Manager. This team will perform forensic imaging and extraction of digital information in support of forensic examinations to develop evidence and intelligence information. The team will ensure data imaging and extraction of media is completed within specified timelines indicated in the Contractual Service Level Agreements (SLA). The size and complexity of each forensic image is considered when determining actual suspense. The individual will need to participate significantly in proposal development, including Orals.Basic Qualifications
- An active Top Secret/SCI Clearance is required.
- BA/BS and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated experience leading technical efforts and supervising teams in a forensics lab environment similar to the scope and complexity of DC3 DC3/CFL.
- Demonstrated experience handling digital media evidence and performing forensically sound duplication of original evidence.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft windows, Apple/UNIX and Linux operating systems as it relates to forensics examinations.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing various imaging tools, including those referenced in the DC3 (e.g. FTK, EnCase, Deepspar Disk Imager, and Atola).
- Demonstrated experience conducting physical hard drive repairs, such as, head stack replacement, firmware manipulation, and circuit board work.
- Demonstrated experience with encryption as it relates to forensic extraction examination and analysis of digital media.
- Demonstrated experience performing extraction and recovery techniques, such as, Hard Drive Data Recovery, Solid State Data Recovery, Chip-Off, JTAG, Encryption Bypass, Component replacement and/or repair, and 2D/3D projection imaging (X-ray machine operations).
- Demonstrated experience extracting data from unique and complex digital media (e.g. hard drives, thumb drives, memory cards, mobile devices, gaming consoles/systems, vehicle infotainment, etc.) with a variety of interfaces such as PATA, SATA, PCIe, SAS and SCSI.
- Desired experience with soldering techniques (e.g. through-hole and surface mount technologies).
External Referral Bonus:
- Prior experience as a Forensic Technician supporting the DC3-DCFL Contract.
- Prior experience as a Forensic Technician supporting a large DoD or Intel customer providing Cyber Forensics.
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Cyber OperationsPay Range: