Position: IT Field Service Engineer
Location: Washington D.C.
Duration: 3 to 6 Month contract (opportunities for full time or a long term contract)
Less than 40 hrs in a week.
Rate: $19/hr on W2(no benefits)+mileage (41cents/mile)
Training would be provided for this job
Education and Experience Requirements
Customer Engineers –
- Responsible for performing installation of hardware, hardware diagnostics, maintenance, and repairs, including multi-vendor maintenance with customer satisfaction and asset management as additional areas of responsibility: requires customer interaction while performing repairs, installations, etc.; requires ability to work nights, weekends, overtime, flex shifts; requires a willingness to travel, excellent interpersonal and relationship skills, and an innovative approach to problem-solving.
- A commitment to quality and customer service also required. Resource must have a valid driver's license and dependable transportation. Loading and unloading of parts, tools and equipment required. Bending, stooping, walking, and lifting in excess of 25 pounds required.
- A high school diploma or GED is required at a minimum.
- Preferably 1- 2 years' retail/customer based experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Complete full unit replacements, basic repairs, and light repairs on retail environment POS systems.
- Troubleshooting with light repair of POS Register terminals, Flatbed Scanners, and all Register Peripherals-Front End and all outlying register locations.
- Simple troubleshooting to be completed (reseating cables, reboot, double-dump) and parts replacement with use of whole unit parts in kit given.
- Cleaning of equipment - Installation inclusive of software loads and upgrades.
- Miscellaneous tasks as required and directed by NCR.
- Consultant will need to travel in a 60 mile radius to different stores or financial institutions.
- Standard workweek, but must be flexible to work nights, weekends, holidays in case of emergencies.
- Strong customer service, communication, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Work locations and schedules will be sent out from the company daily