Our client is dedicated to working with teachers to give them the resources they need to reach every child, on every learning level. All of our client’s readers, lessons, worksheets, interactive audio books, and other materials can be customized. This means every child can have what is most appropriate for his/her developmental level. They strive to provide educators, schools, and districts with effective, affordable, easy-to-use tools that meet all the needs in today's diverse student population. And are resolved to continue engaging with teachers and other educators to constantly improve and expand children’s learning solutions.
A senior iOS Developer will design and deliver features for mobile using Swift, Objective C, PHP, MYSQL and other technologies on a Linux platforms. We deliver product using a fast-paced, iterative development process, publishing monthly.
The following are high level requirements for the role:
- 8 years software engineering experience using Swift, Objective C, PHP & MySQL
- Should be familiar with front-end languages and relational databases.
- Architects, designs, and/or implements applications that conform to a business need. Maintains a business perspective in terms of understanding / affecting how systems are implemented to satisfy user goals
- Is responsible for the entire life cycle of a system or feature. An SSE reviews requirements, generates designs, provides rough order of magnitude estimates, implements, and performs unit testing
- Should feel that the quality of his/her work is a direct result of his/her own testing. An SSE should be able to handle assignments where no formal QA occurs. Systems developed should behave to a high standard of quality
- Proposes, develops, reviews, and revises new procedures as needed for the continuing development of high-quality systems
- Works on multiple projects at one time, balancing needs and deadlines. An SSE is expected to progress on the project without much guidance from management. In addition, an SSE proposes new projects that will satisfy business needs
- Can troubleshoot problems of a complex nature. Shall support systems that he/she has not implemented
- Provides technical guidance and training to other team members
- Shares architecture formally and informally with the team and stakeholders
- Keeps informed of technical advances. Proposes changes based on newer technology
- May be asked to research or investigate business opportunities that have no clear direction
- May be involved in testing beyond unit testing (e.g. integration testing with a remote location, capacity testing)
- 5-8 years software engineering experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- Should be familiar with front-end languages and relational databases
- 9+ years software engineering experience (preferred)
- Master's Degree or Equivalent (preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills (preferred)