Apex Systems has an open opportunity for an IAM Admin/Identity and Access Management Administrator
for one of our top clients in the Baltimore/Columbia areas! Role
: IAM Admin/Identity and Access Management Administrator Location
: Company is in Columbia, MD but the VP is flexible with remote work / telework once ramped up. Prefers someone local to MD/DC as they would prefer someone to be able to visit campus at least once a week! Project
: Audits with active review, scripting, automating, provisioning offboarding/onboarding. Tech Landscape:
- Experience with Identity software like Okta, Ping, and Ivanti products. Ivanti Identity Director Preferred Length
: Role can be considered on a 6-month contract-to-hire, long-term contract or direct hire basis! Team/Group/Reporting Structure:
Smaller IT environment (about 80-90 technology staff). This role will join the Information & Technology Services team and report to the VP. Compensation/Benefits:
70-85k range, with excellent healthcare benefits, 401K, and pension plan! Additional Details/Perks
: Also, we offer various technical and leadership training programs, including access to certification Boot Camps for 120+ tech certifications. Interested in applying? Send resume to Ben Sheridan, Sr. Account Manager, via email@example.com! SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Identity and Access Management (IAM) Administrator is responsible for maintaining application, database, server and network systems and access using various applications and tools to ensure system integrity is maintained. Incumbent is responsible for completing access requests, ensuring timely handling, monitoring departmental queue for requests and ensuring work product is in compliance with policies, Standards and Procedures. Analyzes access requests to various business systems and applications, including creation, deletion and modification of access within business roles and groups, as required and within established parameters. The IAM Administrator is responsible for the provisioning and de-provisioning of access to applications, infrastructure and operating systems per approved Standards and Procedures, completing governance reviews and audits, and generating related reports. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND FUNCTIONS:
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Implements provisioning and de-provisioning of user access to various enterprise systems and applications. Creates accounts, assigns permissions, deletes accounts, and completes the appropriate modifications when a user's role changes in accordance with Standards and Procedures.
- Maintains the integrity, performance, reliability and security of systems. Supports the database application system(s), installs and supports LAN, microcomputer-based, and host based software.
- Conducts user access reviews to verify compliance with Standards and Procedures as part of department's governance process
- Conducts security audits and assessments on system and application configuration.
- Maintains the integrity, performance, reliability and security of systems. Supports the database application system(s), installs and supports LAN, microcomputer based, and host based software.
- Supports IS Operations area in triaging and resolving end user system related issues and monitoring systems availability when assigned.
- Develops knowledge of new hire onboarding, employee off boarding, department transfers, access remediation, and privileged access issues.
- Analyzes detected vulnerabilities and generates remediation plans to reduce risk.
- Manages key processes associated with user access controls. Assesses changes in access and conducts audits to verify compliance with standards.
- Acts as subject matter expert, reviews processes and recommends enhancements that will improve security and efficiency of processes to management prior to implementation.
- Assists in troubleshooting and problem analysis by working with other teams, vendors, or users in diagnosing and resolving user access issues.
- Uses scripting (PowerShell) to provide automation to complete tasks, generates reports to provide improvement and optimization to operational processes.
- Compiles data and creates reports for management review on a regular or as needed basis. Assists with resolving unique or complex security access requests including internal and external audit and disaster recovery testing.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field.
- Three to five years' experience supporting Microsoft Server infrastructure including Active Directory, Microsoft Windows Server and other stand-alone application systems. Experience should include: reviewing system reports and conducting audits of various IT systems and applications, and knowledge and demonstrated proficiency in PC support and configuration, specifically with Windows 2012, Windows 7 in an Active Directory network environment.
- Microsoft MCSA Windows or ITIL v3 certification preferred. Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management best practices and principals.
- Knowledge and experience using an identity and access management tool such as NetIQ.
- Must possess knowledge and demonstrate proficiency in PC support and configuration, specifically with Windows 2012, Windows 7/10 in an Active Directory network environment.
- Ability to interact effectively with technical and non-technical users at all organizational levels.
- Knowledge and experience responding to security incidents at various severity levels.
- Knowledge and experience in Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery including system recovery processes.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and common applications
- Knowledge of network and server infrastructure including network devices, server and desktop virtualization platforms and Storage Area Networks (SAN)
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt and learn to manage non-centralized applications.
- Ability to create and effectively present relevant and readable diagrams, graphs, charts and presentation materials, proposals, reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals for a diverse audience.
- Ability to understand and analyze operational data.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret contracts, business periodicals, professional journals, government regulations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work effectively under stress and maintain approved work schedules.
- Ability to routinely arrive at work on a timely, schedule sensitive basis.
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with colleagues and managers.
Interested in applying? Send resume to Ben Sheridan, Sr. Account Manager, via firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Ability to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends as needed.
- Must be willing to travel to remote worksites to include DR/BCP centers, branches, and vendor sites.
- Must be able to visually and physically check/inspect cabling beneath and/or behind objects such as desks, personal computers, printers, cabinets, etc. This may include moving or lifting computer equipment from or to a desk, floor, or table.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.