Towson, MDWho is Stanley Black & Decker?
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker (SBD) team means joining one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies.SBD, a Fortune 200 companyis a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth. We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world. Position Overview:
The Global Tools & Storage (GTS) division of SBD, which drives $10B of the total $14B business, is currently seeking an Industrial Designer.
This position will report to the Portfolio Design Manager, as part of the larger Global Customer Experience (GCX) Industrial Design team. This position will support end user insights, innovation, industrial design,surfacing, digital visualization and prototyping for several key Brand franchises. These include, Stanley, Black + Decker, DEWALT, Craftsman, Mac Tools, Porter Cable, Bostitch, Irwin & Lenox.Who We're Looking For:
We are seeking a creative, enthusiastic, out-of-the-box thinker, who can visualize new design directions, work cross-functionally with adjacent teams, and execute production-ready design solutions. This person will drive day to day project design activities, with accuracy and accountability.Responsibilities:
- Manage daily industrial design responsibilities for the supported projects
- Create compelling designs based upon Ideation, Research and Product Requirements
- Produce inspiring sketches/illustrations/visuals of advanced industrial design concepts
- Develop a mastery of the respective brand design languages
- Produce conceptual CAD and to support the industrial design ideation/illustration process
- Support and participate in field research activities
- New Product Ideation and brainstorming support
- BS, BA or equivalent in Industrial Design
- 1-3 years design experience required (internships experience included)
- Proficiency with common design tools (Sketchbook Pro, Illustrator, Photoshop, Keyshot, Wacom tablet, etc.)
- Experience with 3D CAD solid and surfacing modeling, CATIA experience desirable
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to quickly conceptualize ideas.
- A strong understanding of design principles and a sense for brand aesthetics.
- Basic understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Exceptional sketching and visualizing skills.
- Ability to communicate industrial design intent through CAD
- Great communication & collaboration abilities with other disciplines.
- Excellent creative problem solving.
- Capable of multi-tasking and managing multiple priorities.
- Strong project and time management skills.
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest growing and most dynamic companies.SBD, a Fortune 200 companyis a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.