SAIC is looking for a senior- level Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
to support all facets of SAIC's Information Protection Program out of our El Segundo location. The ISSO assists the ISSM (Information Systems Security Manager) and provides oversight, guidance, and technical support, on IT and information system security issues affecting the mission of the customer by implementing common information system security practices, policies and technologies. Subject will interface with multiple government agencies within both the DoD and IC. Additionally, candidate requires an understanding of Contractor Program Security functions, responsibilities, and disciplines that make up a strong Security Program. Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain operational security posture for programs and information systems.
- Information Security interface to government customer Designated Accrediting Authorities across the DoD and Intelligence Communities.
- Support and track Customer security authorization activities.
- Perform vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support authorization and accreditation.
- Prepare and review documentation to include System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, Authorization and Accreditation (A&A) packages, and Security Controls Traceability Matrices (SCTMs).
- Conduct periodic reviews and evaluations of required IS policies and procedures.
- Support IS Security Inspections, tests, and reviews.
- Support and maintain the IS Continuous Monitoring Plan.
- Process hardware and software requests, and conduct software due diligence.
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 5+ years of related experience as an ISSO and working in SAP environments
- Familiarity with Program Security responsibilities to include but not limited to: OPSEC, Program Protection, Personnel Security clearances, Security Training and Education, Classification management
- Familiarity with applicable IC and DoD policies, procedures and operating instructions related to IT, IA and IM
- Previous experience controlling, labeling, virus scanning, and appropriately transferring data (upload/download) between information systems at varying classification levels
- Must have in depth knowledge of network and information system security principles and test practices
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process
- Experience with JSIG or ICD 503, NIST Special Publications, Intel Community Directives, DoD Issuances, etc.
- Experience managing and overseeing system General and Privileged User program
- Ideal candidate will be self-motivated, organized, and detail oriented
- Must be a great communicator (written and verbal) with the ability to work independently and within a group
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technical Level 2
- Valid Security+ CE Certification
- Travel expected 10% of the time
- Must have a current SSBI with TS/SCI eligibility, and willing to complete a polygraph
My SAIC Benefits.