Alameda County General Services Agency is looking for an experienced desktop support specialist for a contract assignment, working as part of a tight-knit team to support our 400 employees.
Do you love helping people with technology? Are you excited about working on the latest technology, bringing new ideas and innovative solutions to your organization? Do you love being the go-to technical person, the expert getting hardware & software up and running? Do you have an analytical mind and love finding root cause when things aren’t working quite right? Are you interested in public service and doing good? Then this is the place for you!
As an Information Systems Specialist, you will play a key role in deploying technology, keeping it all running smoothly and training users on how to use both hardware and software.
What you'll do
- Key member on a high-performing desktop support team
- Setup and deploy hardware and software
- Train users on the latest technology
- Provide level 1, 2, and 3 end-user support
- Create and maintain documentation on technology and procedures
- Debug technical issues with hardware and software
- Assist with IT onboarding including user security configuration
- Help improve existing processes and find new software solutions
- Experience imaging and deploying workstations
- Experience supporting Microsoft platforms and software in a corporate IT environment
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively with a wide variety of users, all with varying levels of technical expertise
- Experience with administration and troubleshooting of remote meeting software – we use MS Teams, WebEx, and Adobe Connect
- Can troubleshoot Network and VPN
- Experience with Windows Active Directory/LDAP
- iOS and Android configuration and management
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Self-starter, ability to work independently
- Prior experience in an IT helpdesk environment
- Extra credit for experience administering SaaS-based tools like WordPress and SalesForce, and for being able to create queries and reports using SQL