Staffing Pros, a division of VETS-inc, is actively recruiting for the following role in Maryland. Interested and qualified candidates should send resumes to . If you are receiving this message in error please notify me at this email address as well.
Senior Principal Hardware Design Engineer, your role is to bring best-in-class solutions to our satellite communications products and high-throughput ground network systems.
- Design and develop innovative technical hardware solutions for satellite and terrestrial IP-based communications systems in the areas such as Digital High-Speed Hardware Design involving state of the art electronics circuit design, high speed FPGA board design, challenging on board Power Delivery Networks to support this FPGA design, as well as, high speed mixed signal ASICs.
- Participate-in a multi-functional engineering team environment to develop and integrate hardware, software, and network technology for products and systems
- Analyze customer needs and establish product objectives, specifications and technical solutions to ensure products satisfy customer requirements and deliverables
- Contribute to all aspects of the product life cycle (concept, development, integration, qualification, acceptance, delivery, and maintenance)
- Work effectively across multiple corporate functions including business, engineering, operations, and manufacturing
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering (EE, CPE)
- 10+ years of experience with in-depth knowledge and experience in one or more of the following disciplines: High speed digital circuit design using Xilinx FPGA, PCIexpress, JESD204-B, CAUI, Interlaken, Serial RapidIO, PTP/IEEE-1588, Wi-Fi, Microcontroller programming, Signal Integrity and Power Integrity tools.
- Background and technical knowledge of systems including leading edge hardware design experience with satellite and/or terrestrial IP-based user terminal architectures and systems
- Ability to lead cross technical engineering teams in design and development projects with external customer deliverables