Position: IT Product Owner: Data and ReportingAlliance Inspection Management (AiM)
is the premier new and pre-owned vehicle inspection partnership in North America that combines breakthrough technology with deep industry experience to provide a trustworthy, independent bridge between buyers and sellers. We offer a comprehensive range of vehicle inspection services to verify the condition of new, off-lease and fleet vehicles and other properties at vehicle assembly plants, rail yards, ports, customers’ homes, dealers and auctions.
Due to its success and excellent service, AiM is rapidly growing and its IT Division now seeks an IT Product Owner that will add to the success of existing and evolving software and services utilizing a wide range of programming languages and frameworks.AiM offers a collaborative, fast paced, and exciting work environment that encourages an entrepreneurial spirit and outside the box thinking. We have regular employee events such as potlucks, birthday celebrations, MSU/U of M tailgate luncheons, and ice cream socials. Not to mention, we offer 1 day work-from-home to our IT staff after they complete 90 days. ** temporarily remote due to pandemic**Position Summary
This position reports to the IT Director of Applications and is responsible for developing and providing leadership in our data and reporting team. This candidate will provide vision and guidance while working with his/her team to define, develop and implement data warehousing and data mart solutions in AWS (Aurora) as well as identifying and implementing Power BI and Pentaho Data Integration and Pentaho Report Designer reporting solutions. Knowledge about data storage structures and about the various ways that data can be applied to aid in business intelligence and business decisions is required.Essential Functions:
- Lead a team comprised of Business Analyst, Scrum Master, Database Administrator and Data and Reporting Specialist roles (3 – 7 individuals) to develop and enhance a data warehouse and data marts for enterprise-wide use.
- Must have strong analysis and decision-making skills with the ability to lead meetings, participate in technical cross-functional sessions, ensure staff follows structured/audited procedures, and ensure adherence to change and configuration management principles.
- Develop and communicate enterprise-wide data governance strategy to support corporate strategy.
- Ensure projects are proceeding on schedule and complete on-time, within budget, within industry standards, and prepares regular status reports.
- Provide database and application solution strategy, technical design, architecture, and support for carrying out the implementation of enterprise database and data warehouse development.
- Work with large amounts of data on a granular level, from structured and unstructured data sources.
- Provide proper documentation and generating data features required for modeling, reporting and ad hoc analysis.
- Participate in various structured and ad-hoc analysis projects.
- Develop and maintain high-performance data warehouse and data marts by regularly analyzing bottlenecks and remedying them.
- Establish goals and priorities, timelines, and interface with senior leadership and other business units for successful completion.
- Assist Accounting with month-end tasks through manual and automated means
Has direct supervision of a team of Data and Reporting Specialists. This would include, hiring, firing, and talent development.
1. Job Knowledge and Skill
Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize day-to-day responsibilities; Detail oriented, highly focused and very organized; Ability to maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm; Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships; Experience developing a program road-map of projects to achieve business goals and deliver early business value as well as execution of the projects in the program; Develops and executes projects under the program while managing the program road map and priorities, budget and benefits; Must be able to manage a budget
- 7-15 years of experience with information technology programs and services, with demonstrated expertise in enterprise data management and related technologies
- 3+ years’ experience in implementing data warehouse solutions, ETL, Analytics and Reporting, Power BI and Pentaho (Data Integration and Report Designer) preferred
- Proficient knowledge of data warehouses technologies and design methodologies
- In-depth understanding of database design principles
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively as part of a project or program team and foster team cooperation
- Experience with Power BI and Pentaho reporting tools
- Experience with Oracle and/or Postgres preferred
- Proficient working knowledge of SQL and/or PL SQL languages
- At least 1-year management or supervisory experience
- Understanding of the Agile / Scrum methodology
3. Education, Licenses, Certificates, Registrations:
Bachelors' degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field is required. Advanced degree (MA/MSc/MBA, equivalent or higher) is preferred.
4. Computer Skills
Working knowledge of power point, word processor, spreadsheet, other PC applications,Ability to adapt to new technology as it becomes available
5. Communication Skills:
Ability to excel in a team environment required. Ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels of the company, outside vendors, and customers both verbally and in writing.
6. Analytical Skills
Strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
Some travel could be required. Compensation
1. Salaried/exempt – TBD upon hiring
2. Benefits including medical, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance and 401 K participation. Note: Please submit your salary requirements along with your resume. Omission of either will disqualify your application from consideration. No relocation will be paid. All offers would be made conditional upon passing a background check.
AiM provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’s race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, or veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on AiM. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
To comply with Federal law, Alliance Inspection Management LLC, participates in E-Verify.#Dice